A General Thanks to You All

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love this hobby.

I have spent way too much time on this board in the last several months. I have never seen a forum full of so much good cheer, comraderie, bon ami, helpfulness. There is almost no ill feeling ever, no bitter exchanges, no threads that disintegrate into fights. Maybe I just miss them, but I don't think so. I think this is rare in anonymous internet forums.

Thanks to all for such an uplifiting place to spend my work day! And thanks for all the great expert and experienced advice.

I love this board too. You can post the most illogical, asinine recipe and the response is always "go for it, tell me how it tastes". This is a group of people who have learned all lifes problem can be solved with RDWHAHB.

Pitch yeast at the wrong temp. RDWHAHB

Pull a crappy efficiency, followed by a crappy attenuation. RDWHAHB

Lost Job. RDWHAHB

Wife cheated on you. RDWHAHB

Pretty much the only thing that can't be solved by that method is a batch infection. Then you can worry.

Well, maybe some bitter exchanges. After all, there's got to be some bitterness in beer... share an IPA recipe!
lol
I really dig this group for all of the above reasons.

I have spent way too much time on this board in the last several months. I have never seen a forum full of so much good cheer, comraderie, bon ami, helpfulness. There is almost no ill feeling ever, no bitter exchanges, no threads that disintegrate into fights. Maybe I just miss them, but I don't think so. I think this is rare in anonymous internet forums.

Ah, so's your old man!

Brewers in general are a great group of people. I've met people once and been invited over to brew, or to use their grain mill/foodsaver, or over to their house for a party.

There are certainly threads with flaming, but I agree: some parts of the internet are just bags of dicks, where if you weren't around in 1997 then you're worthless. I'd want to share a beer with any of you.

Except Soper.

(<3 :mug:)

Of course I can't be totally sure, but I'm fairly certain the OP is really all about me and how great I am. Yep, that's it. It's all about me.

You are welcome. :)

Yeah it's pretty amazing. Especially the patience with the repeat posts about apfelwein, is my beer infected, no bubbles in the airlock, etc.

As I brew more and more beer The memory of the first time, and all of the research that went into it never fades. It's in the frame of mind that home brewers offer such friendly and generous advice to the people that come after them. I try and think what would have been helpful for me to know, then I try and post it whenever possible.

I think part of the reason is due to the drinking that often takes place while visiting the forum. There must not be that many angry drunks among us.

I agree 100%! I've been lurking and searching this forum like a maniac and I think I've learned more about brewing reading this board for the past month then my Dad has learned in 30 years of home brewing.

Thanks to all who take the time to share their knowledge and experience!

Who's Bon Ami? Is that the redhead on the Brewbabes forum?

Kidding aside, I think I've learned more from this site than all the books, other sites, LHBS combined. AND - good recipes too.

The OP makes a good point- this forum is actually much more civil, engaging, and.....pertaining to the subject than oh, so many I've visited elsewhere.

Possible reasons include, but are not limited to:

1. Intelligent (which means pretty invisible) moderators.

2. The design of the forum, where plenty of sub-categories are provided for debate, boobies, etc., and things that don't pertain to a particular category are moved tout suite, so that members can have a reasonable expectation of actually be discussing what is advertised.

I think HBT could be shown as a kind of model for Internet forums.

Back