Alternate yeast for WLP-510?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
I'm looking for something I can use in place of the Bastogne yeast from White Labs. I want to make the Stone homebrew recipe for 4-4-04 but I want to do so now and not so much in November.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer a White Labs product, but I'll order in something else if I have to.

I'm looking for something I can use in place of the Bastogne yeast from White Labs. I want to make the Stone homebrew recipe for 4-4-04 but I want to do so now and not so much in November.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer a White Labs product, but I'll order in something else if I have to.

WLP510 is supposed to be like WLP500, but a little easier to control. I have not used WLP500 though, and the WLP510 is so unique, I don't know I have tasted anything close to a substitute. The Stone 03.03.03 called for WLP500 and WLP002 blended and I used the WLP510 on that one because it was supposed to be easier to control the yeast flavor productions over the temperatures. The WLP500 would likely suffice in place of WLP510 if you have STRICT temperature control (ie, ice packs to keep it cool enough!). Hope that helps you out.

Back