Krups beertender?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gent1987

Reaction score
I got a krups beertender for christmas and I am wondering if and how easy it is to dispense homebrew from this thing. Anyone have any experience with this?

I just joined today in order to get some insight on the same issue. Got a Krups Beertender for my bday ( coincidentally the same day the OP started this thread) and was wondering if it can be converted to use 5L gravity kegs and expand my options (not just Heiny and Newcastle draught kegs).

Just got into homebrewing and bottled my first batch today, so personally I'm more interested in whether this will work with a gravity keg I can just pick up at the store....for now.

If anyone gets some info on this and could share, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that would be grateful.

I think the most practical way is the link from Revvy on how to re use the kegs. If you go to that link there is another link within that shows how to make your own tap with Co2 charging sytem in a standard 5l keg. The only thing with that is you would have to convert the tap somehow on the outside of the beertender.

This is one of those things that is so new I think, that there's very few established hacks for it. Folks who want it need to be the ones to break ground here, and experiment til they get it right, and write up what they did.

Revvy said:
This is one of those things that is so new I think, that there's very few established hacks for it. Folks who want it need to be the ones to break ground here, and experiment til they get it right, and write up what they did.

this thing is not new, unless two years is new. Either way, I too own one and I don't think its possible.

this thing is not new, unless two years is new. Either way, I too own one and I don't think its possible.

I think two years is relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

And it looks like from what I posted, that it's very possible, just difficult. Did you even look at the links I posted????

Here, from the link is a pic of a guy with a sink full of dishes pouring his IPA from the keg, before putting it back in the beer tender.

P1040317.jpg

Doesn't look impossible to me....looks done...

Just need more folks with fresh eyes to come up with more refined solutions.

Honestly, I'd return it and use the money for a CO2 tank, regulator and carbonator cap. Once you have those pieces, you're just a keg and craiglist fridge away from a full kegging setup, which is infinitely superior to this proprietary appliance.

Honestly, I'd return it and use the money for a CO2 tank, regulator and carbonator cap. Once you have those pieces, you're just a keg and craiglist fridge away from a full kegging setup, which is infinitely superior to this proprietary appliance.

Maybe not. My kid sister picked one of these up on clearance at Macy's or some such for like $30 bucks. Apparently they're not selling real well, pretty limited demographic.

Maybe not. My kid sister picked one of these up on clearance at Macy's or some such for like $30 bucks. Apparently they're not selling real well, pretty limited demographic.

That's a good deal. The retail price on these is pretty ridiculous.

Revvy said:
I think two years is relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

And it looks like from what I posted, that it's very possible, just difficult. Did you even look at the links I posted????

Here, from the link is a pic of a guy with a sink full of dishes pouring his IPA from the keg, before putting it back in the beer tender.

Doesn't look impossible to me....looks done...

Just need more folks with fresh eyes to come up with more refined solutions.

You're right, nothing is impossible. That does appear to be a beertender keg. I did notice a brown bump on the top of the keg behind the tap. Wonder if he modified the keg. The issue I have with this, and its basically only here say right now, but I heard that these kegs have co2 cartridges on the inside. Immo on YouTube talked about it. He used regular 5 liter kegs all the time.

Back