You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This happens in your kitchen/dining room and it's not even half of your gear...

brew_storage.jpg

When you celebrate the day you first brewed like its your birthday and many years later your still excited about brewing.

when you read this entire thread and think, thats a great idea, to several posts, which will probably become part of your routine

or

while reading this thread you think, what an idiot, to some of the posts. then you catch yourself doing it the next day

The day I first brewed was my birthday!

You know you're a homebrewer when you spend your birthday brewing.

I brew on my birthday every year. The exact same style too - lambic. That way I ALWAYS remember to brew a lambic every year, and thus have all the ages I ever need to blend.

When you don't only dream about your next brew day but you dream about posting on HBT.

My wife is beginning to think I have a problem.

histo320 said:
When you don't only dream about your next brew day but you dream about posting on HBT.

My wife is beginning to think I have a problem.

Does day dreaming about HBT count?

While making oatmeal in the morning, you let it soak at 153F for 60 minutes. Then you proceed to filter out the oats and drink the remaining liquid.

When you think up brews to match holidays, birthdays or other events. For example, I just brewed my ESP for the Mayan apocalypse and named it The Bitter End.

When you can't wait to patrol Craigslist for homebrew stuff that people got for Christmas and don't want/need.

Effingbeer said:
When you can't wait to patrol Craigslist for homebrew stuff that people got for Christmas and don't want/need.

Already did that a couple times today ;-)

how many out there like to brew a special batch for each holiday, even if you make one for Hanukkah but you're not jewish?

mccartney said:
how many out there like to brew a special batch for each holiday, even if you make one for Hanukkah but you're not jewish?

Do you make your own Manesewitz too?

mccartney said:
ive never heard of this, but upon investigation, it refers to kosher wine. doesnt kosher mean it contains extra garlic? or just being jewish tradition?

It's Jewish dietary laws. It gets a little complicated. But no it has nothing to do with garlic.

When you keep asking your self where all the beer in the keg has gone, to your wife so you can get the go ahead to hit the LHBS on the way home

When you lay down to sleep thinking of your next brew, but suddenly come up with a change to your recipe so you are unable to sleep until you get up and enter the change in BrewSmith. Happened to me the other day.

It's Jewish dietary laws. It gets a little complicated. But no it has nothing to do with garlic.

Several ingredients cannot be used, for instance certain flavorings and finings are not considered kosher. So those and any equipment that has come in contact with them cannot be used in the making of a kosher wine/beer.

Several ingredients cannot be used, for instance certain flavorings and finings are not considered kosher. So those and any equipment that has come in contact with them cannot be used in the making of a kosher wine/beer.

So for example, Isinglass could not be used since it comes from the swim bladder of sturgeon--a fish considered unclean.

Back