New labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyboy

Reaction score
You may remember a while ago I posted my label which was a seal with a picture of a dog. I decided to rework it and have done one label for my dunkelweizen (bottled) and one for a stout I will brew soon.

Any feedback is appreciated.

DangerousDunkelweizen.png

BlackWidowStout.png

The designs are pretty simplistic as I'm not very good with Gimp but I'm satisfied with them.

I think I'd have them printed at Staples or somewhere at $0.50 a page... otherwise, you're going to use a black cartridge on each label.

But they are sweet.

Nice labels I like the dark aspect. My top pick would have to be the skull and crossbones.

If you are having a hard time with gimp try Paint.NET it's free and a lot more user friendly than gimp.

I would prefer if the white text on black background was more grayish or textured, I think there is just too much contrast. With a grey or textured lettering you could maintain the dark image a bit better.

I love all of them though, I like the names as well.

My advice would be to make your fonts bigger, so when you print a 3-4" label it's readable. You have some cool ideas but they are hard to read and have a lot of wasted space around them.

Yeah nyctophobia (fear of the dark) will probably be for a porter, stout or imperial stout.

Back