First batch bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosvineer

Reaction score
It's going to be hard waiting 3 weeks. I hope it's worth it. Now I need to get started on my second batch. I have the ingredients, just need a better boil pot.

image-3077157762.jpg

It's going to be hard waiting 3 weeks. I hope it's worth it. Now I need to get started on my second batch. I have the ingredients, just need a better boil pot.

CONGRATS! Also, you don't need to wait 3 weeks to try ONE. After about 4 or 5 days, put one in the fridge for 1 or 2 days and sample it :mug:

CONGRATS! Also, you don't need to wait 3 weeks to try ONE. After about 4 or 5 days, put one in the fridge for 1 or 2 days and sample it :mug:
i have a heating vent i like to set a couple beers on after bottling. that gets them carbed up quick ;)

I bottled my first batch yesterday. Smelled awesome. The sample in the thief jar tasted great. Now I need patience!

One thing I read is make sure that beer you just bottled stays in the dark.
I put mine in a cooler and slid it into a closet.

I'd just wait the 3 or 4 weeks. Trying them early when you know they'll not be good is wasting a beer that will be great later. Show some patience & leave'em be.

It was a prehopped IPA from Muntons. It tasted like flat beer, so once it's carbed it'll be fine.

My second batch will be a partial mash Scottish Ale. I just need a few more pieces of equipment and I'll get started

Back