• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Culture Vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a box of 500 culture vials it is way too many for me. If you guys want the extras I am offering them for sale. The cap and tube would be Kimex autoclave stable. They will be 65 cents per cap and vial set. If you need shipping it will be in flat rate boxes. You can fit 25 in a small box for $5.95 or more in a medium box for $11.95

The sizing is as follows 20mm OD, Length 125mm, Capacity 25ml

If you could enter how many you want onto this spread sheet Culture Vials

glenc101 said:
I'd be down for 36, also if there's a better round number that you prefer I can do that

Why 36? Do you have a rack that will hold that many?

And what size are these

That's a good question guess I better look into racks and adjust based on that

glenc101 said:
That's a good question guess I better look into racks and adjust based on that

Yea I was having trouble finding racks for vials that big bit I guess I could just make one by drilling some holes into a block of foam

If you look for racks it is a good idea to get ones that are autoclavable. So you can use them in the pressure cooker to sterilize the tubes.

would probably be in for some if we can find racks...i'd already found racks for some 24ml vials that were ~0.88/ea shipped, these look to be ~$0.80/ea.

Also you may want to change the wording of your OP. Group Buys are NOT allowed here, there have been several threads closed lately that were trying to accomplish the same thing.

if you have purchased some, and have them in your possession you can sell them, but they may want you to get a vendor account to be selling items.

ETA: here's what i was looking at:
http://www.cynmar.com/ProductDetail/15025994_Plastic-Test-Tube-Rack-White-Holds-24--25mmtubes
http://www.cynmar.com/ProductDetail/11527910_Clear-Glass-Vials-Wautoclavable-Cap-24ml--12pk

Those racks say they can hold 25mm tubes - the 24ml tubes are 23mm and the tubes you are looking at are 20mm OD so should work fine.

Well I have them on the way and really not looking to make money off it just way too many for me to ever use. Also I would think that they would try and foster community and not pimp out the vender accounts.

You can find inexpensive racks on ebay. The longer tubes give you more surface area for the yeast to grow on the agar. That is why I like them.

crazyirishman34, save a dozen for me and bring them to the group buy. I'm going to look at some racks now.

Hi,

I'm in for 25 of these if you can ship to Canada in a small flat rate box @12.95.

Thanks.

I tried to put it in the spread sheet but it wouldn't work from my phone, ill have to do it on my computer when I get home

Hey I got everyone that posted or sent me a PM on the sheet. And all the vials are spoken for at this point. I am going to order a second box so if you want to get in on the second box post to the sheet or if you really cant get it to work post here.

For payment just send me a PM and I will send you my PayPal and your total. If you are part of the group buy I will bring them with me to the pick up. If you need shipping make sure your PayPal account forwards me your address. Also since I am not making any money of this if you could fund with a check or your back account to avoid fees that would be great.

The box is going to arrive mid week next week so for the folks that I am shipping to just keep that in mind. I will post a tracking number to your paypal as soon as I ship them.

Sorry to be a pain but a couple folks sent payments with fees. I refunded them because I am selling the vials for what I paid for them. If I was making money on the deal I would totally pay the PayPal fee. Since these aren't shipping out right away an echeck is a better way to fund since neither person gets charged. Thank you for your understanding.

hi,

I attempted to post my indication to the Google spreadsheet but it appears locked. Please put me down for 25, send pm with Paypal info and I will initiate payment from my bank acct.

thx
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back