What kind of ink works best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtvinny

Reaction score
I have tried making labels with my home printer and had to be so careful about not getting the front wet when applying. Had anyone tried printing with pigment vs. dye? I believe pigment takes longer to dry when it is printed but is more moister resistant. I would like something that I could print on self adhesive labels for a "cooler beer" that I wouldn't be afraid to throw on ice when camping etc.

Toner is the key, print one page on your printer then make copes on a standard copy machine. An architect friend gave me this tip and it works great and is waterproof.
-ander

Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely try it.

Dumb question- This method limits me to B&W though doesn't it?

There are color laser copiers at any copy shop (Kinko's, etc.) Kinko's just had a 49cent color copy sale the other day. Not sure if they still have it going, but I had a few dozen 22oz labels printed up at 4/page and they turned out great for $4.

With them you can even upload the file off of your computer and get a perfect color match and really sharp fonts.

Back