White House Honey Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timcadieux

Reaction score
Ok, I saw there was a closed Stick (no idea why i was stickied in the first place) but I was surprised to see no Recipe entries for the 2 White recipes listed at http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/09/01/ale-chief-white-house-beer-recipe.

I'm not here to discuses American Politics, I just wanted to discuss the Honey Ale Recipe. I've been looking for a good Extract Honey Ale recipe and I just wanted to hear from people who've tried it?

Northern Brewer has a kit for it...the extract version got 5 stars on 12 reviews (no reviews on the AG version or 1 gal). Take that as you will....I guess...

(The porter got 4.5 on 27 reviews for extract, and the 1 gal got 4 on 3 reviews.)

Here...

Yup, I had seen that but their recipe differs slightly from the above and ordering from NB would like be very expensive from here. I was referring specifically to the recipe above.

Sorry, I hadn't actually compared their recipe...and, since I don't work for them, wasn't advocating buying from them (I've been known to use their AG sheets to piece together recipe from the LHBS...horrors!)

Hehe, np, I was just curious on the results since I couldn't find a specific discussion, which I thought was rather curious.

I just opened the White House blog post, both from my own computer history (I'm planning to do a batch of the porter for a friend...I'm trading beer for honey!), and from the link in your post.

Perhaps your browser isn't registering the images right....

I'm going to PM you - I can email you the images and/or text of the recipes.

We Canucks got to stick together...! I won't get political...but honestly, it wouldn't hurt Steve-O to have some homebrew made up, too - 24 Sussex Stout?

I made the White House Honey Ale as an extract about 6 weeks ago as part of teaching one of my buddies to brew.

It's not a bad beer, but it is also nothing special. Very drinkable, but very simple character-wise, so not very interesting. I am drinking it with dinnner every night, but I don't think I will be brewing it again.

A guy in my club made the White House Honey Porter, and that's a much better beer, IMO.

Latest posts

Back