Thermowell w/ Johnson Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
So my Johnson A419 from morebeer.com just arrived along with my thermowell so I can control my wort temp during fermentation.

Problem, the probe on the controller won't fit into the thermowell! it slides in fine up to the point where it's crimped onto the wire. At that point it won't go any further.

Anyone have this problem? Can I just crimp the thing a little bit so it'll fit or did I get a bad part (either the controller or the thermowell) and need to return?

I did not have to make any modifications to either of mine. I have two sets purchased from separate vendors and everything fits and is completely interchangeable.

Having said that, I would still think it would be ok to try and crimp it some more to slim it down, if it is close to fitting.

I don't see why you couldn't carefully crimp it. Looking at mine, I see the same issue -- the crimps are ever so slightly wider than the tip.

Back