South Jersey/Philadelphia Group HOP Buy #5!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferman

Reaction score
Happy 2011 To Everyone!!

:mug: Here we go with Round 5 :mug:

SPECIAL ALERT - NEW 2010 CROPS ARE AVAILABLE - SPECIAL ALERT​

We'll need at least 20 pounds of hops to complete this order. Because of the size difference, this will be for Pellet hops only!

Read more below on how it all works.

Check out the link below for pricing:

HOP PRICING - HopsDirect Pellets
Example: Cascade Hops are $9.65/LB + $1.30 Shipping = $10.95/Lb!!!

And that is for the NEW 2010 CROP!!!

Pick up location:

The entire order will be delivered to Williamstown, NJ (08094)

You'll be able to pick up whenever is convenient for you! (much better then having to worry about making it to the pickup location in time!)

Current Order: 65 pounds - GROUP BUY CLOSED - NO MORE ORDERS PLEASE

PAID ferman - 1x Challenger, 1x Target, 1x East Kent Goldings, 1x Galena, 1x Admiral, 1/2x Cascade, 2/3x Centennial
PAID immyc - 1/2x Cascade, 2/3x Centennial, 1x Czech Saaz, 1x Cluster, 1x Fuggles (US), 1x Chinook
PAID Danbreeze - 1x Cascade, 1x Magnum, 1x Nugget, 1x Styrian Golding, 1x Hallertau, 1x Fuggles (UK)
PAID infection - 1x Spalter, 1/2x Czech Saaz, 1/2x Cascade, 2/3x Centennial
PAID Sergood - 1x Fuggles (US), 1x Galena, 1x Columbus, 1x Willamette, 1x Cascade, 1x Centennial, 1x Challenger (US)
PAID bmc428 - 1x Cascade, 1x Centennial, 1x Fuggles (US), 1x East Kent Goldings
PAID brettm777 - 3x Challenger, 2x Chinook
PAID asomers - 1/2x Cascade, 1/2x Centennial, 1/2x Chinook, 1x Columbus
PAID 05m50dan - 1x Czech Saaz, 1x Amarillo, 1x Magnum (US), 1x Cascade
PAID bittner22 - 1/2x Cascade, 1/2x Centennial, 1/2x Chinook, 1x Columbus
PAID chrisdb - 1x Styrian Golding, 1x Vanguard, 1x East Kent Golding (Leaf), 2x Czech Saaz (Leaf)
PAID Tepe - 1x Citra (Leaf)
PAID nos3stg - 1/2x Cascade, 1x US Goldings, 1/2x Czech Saaz
PAID lordura - 1x Citra (Leaf)
PAID MrFugglz - 1x Cascade, 1x Centennial, 1x Cluster, 1x Columbus
PAID jblizz - 1x Cascade, 1x Centennial, 1x Fuggles (US)
PAID jimfish - 1x Cascade, 1x Centennial, 1x US Goldings, 1x Challenger, 1x Northern Brewer

How it works:

When looking at the Hop Prices, figure in about $1.30/LB for shipping!

Once the order has been filled, everyone will get an individual invoice for their order which can be paid via PayPal only. Please make sure you check your PMs regularly so your inbox is not full.

After all orders have been PAID, the order will be placed and delivered to 08094. (Usually within 7 - 10 days)

If you have any other questions, just post here and ask.

Cheers!

1 x Cascade, 1 x Magnum, 1 x Nugget, 1 x Styrian Golding, 1 x Hallertau, 1 x Fuggle.

Thank you for setting this up :mug:

Updated.

Wow! Almost full in just a few hours. I am going to extend the buy to 42 lbs so we can get the next tier discount. If we don't get to that level in the next couple of days, we'll just order what we have.

Am I wrong in that getting a pound or two, or ten, is only saving a couple bucks shipping? For me, this GB would be of great value if I could get 4-6 ounces of 4-10 different varieties at bulk pricing.

If anyone is interested in parting their pounds out I am interested in Cascade, Citra, Centennial, Amarillo, UK fuggles..

Am I wrong in that getting a pound or two, or ten, is only saving a couple bucks shipping? For me, this GB would be of great value if I could get 4-6 ounces of 4-10 different varieties at bulk pricing.

It reduces their shipping quite a bit actually. However, I like the way you think. I am all for splitting up lbs of hops, since one rarely needs that much except for their "house" hops.

brewing mostly belgian.
thinking of czech saaz and styrian golding for starters...
any suggestions?

Definitely Czech Saaz. That is one of my favorite hops and can be used in Belgians as well as a bunch of other styles. Plus it is considered a Noble Hop.

If I were you, I would also get some Vanguard and East Kent Goldings. These are both great in Belgian style ales.

Hey! Please put me down for:

1x Centennial
1x Chinook
1x Cascade
1x Columbus

*Very* interested in splitting any of these. Or not! mmm... Hops...

Thanks!
Adam S

I would like to split some if it's not too late. I can email which ones later this afternoon but I am pretty sure at least Cascade, Centennial, Simcoe, and Chinook. Any takers?

I would like to split some if it's not too late. I can email which ones later this afternoon but I am pretty sure at least Cascade, Centennial, Simcoe, and Chinook. Any takers?

I'm willing to split my 1# each of Cascade, Centennial, and Chinook. Easiest probably to get your half directly from me after I pick it up.

Unfortunately it seems Simcoe is not available.

asomers -- I'll take a half a pound of chinook. Too bad I missed out on the other two...

Too bad I missed out on the other two...

Hey Mike - I made other arrangements to split the Cascade and Centennial with immyc. So I am going to put you down for 1/2 pound each split on those with asomers as well. I love it when a plan works out...

asomers--do you want me to pay my half of the chinook with my order or just in cash when I pick up? Also, any chance you could pick up my order as well so I just have one place to coordinate pick up with? Thanks.

Ferman--were you talking to me about splitting with asomers or another Mike? Want to be sure before I put in an order. Thanks.

Ferman, just to be clear: I'm splitting 1 pound of Cascade, Centennial and Chinook with asomers and getting one pound of Columbus on my own. If that's what you've got then it's good with me. Thanks.

Asomers, I think I'm splitting 3 with you and then getting 1 pound of Columbus. If I can pickup from you that would be great. I'm in Audubon so Haddonfield is super close. Thanks for the help.

Ferman, just to be clear: I'm splitting 1 pound of Cascade, Centennial and Chinook with asomers and getting one pound of Columbus on my own. If that's what you've got then it's good with me. Thanks.

Talking to you.

Asomers, I think I'm splitting 3 with you and then getting 1 pound of Columbus. If I can pickup from you that would be great. I'm in Audubon so Haddonfield is super close. Thanks for the help.

OK, understood. If you decide you only want 1/2 lb of Columbus let me know since I'm also in for a full lb of it.
And yes, I can pick up your order for you to then pick up in Haddonfield.

Back