Most amazing day as a brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budzu

Reaction score
I can't begin to express how stoked I am right now.. there is a 10'x 20' foot building being delivered to my house right now which will shortly become a 10 gallon electric brewery and walk-in cooler/brewshed.

ALSO I just checked for my 2nd ever competition results, and my Kolsch has placed first in light hybrids, 3rd best in show!
First Coast Cup Homebrew Competition 2009 Results - Cowford Ale Sharing Klub (CASK)

I'm getting tanked tonight on my best stuff :) Cheers everyone! I give a whole lot of you credit for that win!

EDIT: Looks like I misread and its Best of Show 3rd ROUND... does this mean #1? omg

You took 3rd place in BOS. I had a friend back in MS named Adam Hale. And if I would've known about the CASK comp I would have entered, lucky for you I didn't.

j slash k.

Congrats!

Congrats, and always nice to see someone else in Chattanooga.

Thanks all for the grats :) Hey Hound wasn't that you and your wife I talked to Sunday while giving the brew demo at the chattanooga market? I was the one with the pony tail :p

You guys should come over for some brews sometime!

Cheers!

Awesome. Yes that was me at the market. I sent Tony an email about joining on Monday. I'd love to come by and see the future brewhouse sometime. Hey what part of town are you in?

You're going to find out quickly how small 10'X20' really is. I built mine myself...20'X20' about 4 years ago. Seems too small now in retrospect, but hey, we have our own breweries.

Congratulations on your winning beer!

:mug:

Awesome. Yes that was me at the market. I sent Tony an email about joining on Monday. I'd love to come by and see the future brewhouse sometime. Hey what part of town are you in?

The house is up and level as of this morning. Insulation and interior walls will be the first steps, then framing and insulating the walk-in.

I think the 10x20 will be plenty room for me to go nuts, especially since there is a good size attic area sectioned off on both extremities.

And I live in Soddy, close to the lake. 30 minutes from most of the Chattanooga area.

Going to get a couple pics of what I have to work with on a server now. If anybody has any general suggestions please throw them my way! its kind of up in the air what I will do atm, I just had to jump on the sale for this building while it was still there.

Cool I'm right across the lake from you in Ooltewah. I'm a few miles from the Wolftever/ Harrison Bay area.

Well Done!

I am going to begin to convert our old home school room in our barn into a brewery as funds allow. I'd love to see the progress of yours as you move forward.

Nick

here it is as delivered :) I'll make a new thread as i make progress.
PICT0016.jpg
PICT0018.jpg
PICT0017.jpg
PICT0019.jpg
PICT0020.jpg
PICT0006.jpg
mm I'm drinking this
Cheers!

Awesome. These are the exact sheds/buildings I drive past twice a day to and from work. And everyday i look over and think, I need to look inside one, they look like a great option for a brew shed. I am officially more interested in this brew house then any other on here:)

Awesome, Pulse. It may be slow going for a while for me. I'm on a limited income as a musician that kind of ebbs and flows, and the main priority right now for me is advancing my 10 gallon system to be more conveniently operated. This for me means pump/pumps and electric HLT heat. Once my rig is rigged up fully and the building is wired (and possibly plumbed), I'll be putting alot more work into it. I've also got a 9 keg upright homebuilt keezer which needs perlicks and extra distributors/lines etc. Holy crap I'm sinking in brew toys.

Cheers all

Wow another great day ! Mtn. Brewer's open http://wvhomebrew.com/mbo/index.html gave that same kolsch a 3rd in category, and my "bloody IPA" made 1st in all Americans pales, 2nd best in show.
Bloody IPA is a 15 srm IPA with loads of summit hops, and a 1.5 oz summit dry-hop. I'll have to put it out here soon.
Well my obsessiveness and my access to all the wonderful info on here via all of you guys is paying off!

Cheers and thanks everyone

what did the base building cost? ya know before any mods are done

3k and change including delivery. Still no modifications, but I will start with taking out that deeper attic space, leaving a couple feet overhang on each side for some overhead storage. Still thinking how to cut it in place.

Back