Strawberry wine to the secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joentuff

Reaction score
Ok I'm new to wine making and want to make sure I'm heading in the right direection. I made 2 batches of 5.5 gallons, I cut up 12.5 pounds of strawberries per batch, add Campden, 8lb sugar to each, sodium met, tannin, acid blend, and pectic enzyme, let it set for 6 days with it covered, stired daily, the added the yeast and yeast nutrients and covered and air locked. It has been just over 4 weeks and I want to know if I should transfer to the secondary now? And no I didn't get original readings but I haven't seen any bubbles for about a week. Also if I do transfer now I want to know if I need to worry about headspace in the secondary's cause I have a 5 and 6 gallon carboy.

When I make wine, I mix up the must and then rack to secondary in about 5 days. I've never left a wine in primary that long, so I'm not sure what your plan should be.

At the very least, rack it to a secondary ASAP and top up so you have very little headspace.

Latest posts

Back