Regarding cell phones and plate chillers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless

Reaction score
It had gotten dark, my boil had just finished, and I began recirculating everything through the chiller, everything was going great. I had my cell phone out for light to see what I was doing when I noticed a strange sensation on my ankle. I was standing next to the pump and, as it turned out, pressure was building up due to a stoppage in my freshly-PBWed plate chiller and the connection on the pump's output was beginning to leak. I discovered all of this by squatting over the pump and using my phone for light to see what was going on. Of course, just as I did, the hose blew off and a stream of fresh wort headed straight up and for my phone. Half a gallon of wort later, I managed to get things under control. Fortunately my phone dried off well and still works, save for the camera button, but I'll never get that half gallon back.

So the moral of the story: use a cheap flashlight, and more importantly, better filtration. And try not to cry over spilt wort.

I have a Casio Commando. I chucked it across the barracks and into a cooler full of ice water and beer just to show how awesome of a phone it is. Get a tougher phone....or a cheap flashlight.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 405
I have a Casio Commando. I chucked it across the barracks and into a cooler full of ice water and beer just to show how awesome of a phone it is. Get a tougher phone....or a cheap flashlight.

I agree. Go Commando when brewing, or around town, or whenever!

and

I feel like that lamp should have space for cans on the side and a straw. ;-)

And you may be a genius. Kyle

Back