Drunken Purchases!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucks-04

Reaction score
Don't know if there is a topic about this or not.

After reading a fellow homebrewers post about going all grain and buying the equipment after having a few to drink, I thought I would start a thread.

What have you bought after drinking a few?!

nefarious_1_ said:
Another beer! :cross:

Ha yeah especially last call. Whats the point? You will be in bed shortly after that and the bar makes easy money because you chug it and leave.

Was gonna buy a 1L mug from HB Müchen but was so drunk I talked myself out of it! Haha shipping was too much!

Just got my oxygen system when I was drunk last week. Can't wait to try it out this week and see if/how it makes a difference.

i stick away from anything of that sort... last time i was drunk purchasing... i bought myself a 30 dollar credit to a russian MP3 site. and this last drunken move was a bottle of oil at a beer fest, was another $30 for like a pint of oil... i kept telling the lady behind the stand that "omg, this lemon olive oil is so refreshing!" SWMBO still gives me shiz about it. we had been tasting since noon or so, and i went to the table at like 7-8p

My dumbest drunken purchase was a few years ago while still in college. At about 4 in the morning I was watching TV and an infomercial for the Magic Bullet came on and it amazed me that you can basically use this in the cooking process for damn near every meal(drunken observation obviously). So, on the commercial, it was $100 for the thing, well I figured that I could find it for cheaper on ebay, so I looked, found one for like $80 and bought it. I barely remembered that I had done any of this until it came a couple weeks later to my surprise. Well, about a week later I saw the same commercial on and noticed that at the end there was the "But wait, there's more!" and it was 2 Magic Bullet's for $100...so instead of getting it for cheaper, I really overpaid by like $30.

I have only had 1 beer related. It was like 8 pound of hops. No idea until they showed up on my door and my wife opened them. Silver bags full of green pellets. She was throughly confused as was I until I checked my card. The other, I play soccer still even though I am old. The biggest one was a new pair of soccer boots. Not the $100 or $150 ones but the $399 ones. I came home from work and saw the package. Then I opened it and saw these outrageous things in the shoe box with a bag and all sorts of stuff. I sent them back the next morning......

Friday night I purchased a 2 keg starter kit from Midwest and a two tap stainless tower with perlick upgrade from birdman. Problem is I don't have an appropriate fridge or freezer to put any of it in. Good thing I got a confirmation email from birdman or I would have got a nice surprise when it all was delivered. I remembered ordering SOMETHING, but not the extent of the orders.

Friday night I purchased a 2 keg starter kit from Midwest and a two tap stainless tower with perlick upgrade from birdman. Problem is I don't have an appropriate fridge or freezer to put any of it in. Good thing I got a confirmation email from birdman or I would have got a nice surprise when it all was delivered. I remembered ordering SOMETHING, but not the extent of the orders.

Haha.. that is the kind of purchase I need!

A buddy of mine in college came home from the bars wasted one night and bought a kanye west t-shirt online and completely forgot about it. He was surprised three days later when the package arrived.

A buddy of mine in college came home from the bars wasted one night and bought a kanye west t-shirt online and completely forgot about it. He was surprised three days later when the package arrived.

I'd have to be so drunk to make that mistake that I don't think I'd ever recover.

I bought a new fish finder on ebay "buy it now". Then I bought another one the next day as I had no recollection of the first purchase.

Luckily, the vender let me out of one of them. :ban:

That may also explain the rather unique request you placed in the comment section of the order. :) You'll be happy to know we honored your request. (if you even remember what it was...)

Ayup. Have to tie one on before hitting submit on something that will drain thousands, take a month to prepare, and not even kiss you on the cheek in the morning.

I got the chill wizard with mine.

i was drunk when i asked for the quote and i got drunk before hitting submit. thats my excuse to tell th ewife

i just just tell her not all decisions made while drunk are bad and remind her i was drunk when i proposed( i wasnt but shes cool like that)

BirdmanBrewingCo said:
That may also explain the rather unique request you placed in the comment section of the order. :) You'll be happy to know we honored your request. (if you even remember what it was...)

We all want to know what the unique request was.

"feel free to throw in something, even if its a paper clip....i feel good when i get something on top of what I ordered.....keep it simple, a used hanky, this afternoons turkey sandwich.....anything.....just throw something in the damn box"

I was lol'ing when I read this on the confirmation email. Totally forgot I wrote it. I hope they took it as a joke and didnt think that I was demanding some schwag. I wonder if I wrote anything in the comment section on my MW order. Ill find out friday

I have discovered the joys of drunken online pizza ordering.
Told them to draw a Wizard on the pizza box.

311053_10150804172795393_602095392_20971700_1524885_n.jpg

next time I'm upping the ante.

Back