One Meat Forever...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One meat forever?

• Beef

• Chicken / Turkey

• Pork

• Fish

• Shell Fish

• Wild Game (please specify)

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Beef. Brisket, burgers, streak, and many many more.

I love most animal carcasses as much as the next, but beef carcass is something my life would be empty without.

I have to say I would actually choose beef over beer even.

Moral of the story? Thank God this is just a pole and not real life.

I like 'em all; this is a tough question! If it weren't for the mercury problem, I'd have gone with fish, though I think shellfish & fish should be combined under the heading of seafood.

Pork & chicken are my go to meats cuz they're sooooo tasty & you can do so many things with them. I had to choose "wild game" that game animal being the mighty wapiti/elk. It's soooo tasty! Nice juicy elk roasts & steaks, even the bits that end up in the stewpot are tender & juicy. I like elk so much, I'd raise them like cattle if I could.
Regards, GF.

Fish in one category is kind if broad. That would be like having a mammal category. Lol.

In which case I pick mammal.

The pig is the most versatile. I love a good steak and I grew up on fresh fish and venison, but I couldn't live without the almighty pig on my plate.

lamb,nice lamb is awesome, i can't believe i have to pick other to specify it! do you guys not get much lamb over there?

Not that much in the US. Most of us probably eat leg of lamb or lamb chops every now and then, but I think my supermarket has at least 20x as much beef for sale as lamb.

Poultry is by far the most versitile. This isn't asking what is your favorite, just what would you prefer if you could only ever have one. You will get awefully tired of most things, even steak after a while.

Chicken can be used in so many different ways. Hell, we already eat chicken 3 or 4 times a week as it is.

Its a tough one for me. While I LOVE Beef above all others (when I prepare it myself, that is) I also can't get enough Pork. MOST of the time, its Pork that ends up in the smoker, but Beef that ends up on the grill.

Had to pick pork. Soooo many things you can do with it- much more than poultry. Chops, roasts, ham, brats, breakfast sausage, smoked chops, smoked shanks, soups, pulled pork, BBQ back ribs, spareribs and kraut, porkettas, side pork, bacon, Chitterlings, and a gazillion other dishes I can't think of at the moment.

Poultry is by far the most versitile. This isn't asking what is your favorite, just what would you prefer if you could only ever have one. You will get awefully tired of most things, even steak after a while.

Chicken can be used in so many different ways. Hell, we already eat chicken 3 or 4 times a week as it is.

chicken tacos are lame.

Fish.

I'd flat out die without the fish.

In full disclosure though i gave up 4 legged animals just over 3 years ago after suffering the worlds nastiest case of food poisoning from a pork sausage.

sorry to hear that but at the same time, thank you, now there is more for us.

Had to pick pork. Soooo many things you can do with it- much more than poultry. Chops, roasts, ham, brats, breakfast sausage, smoked chops, smoked shanks, soups, pulled pork, BBQ back ribs, spareribs and kraut, porkettas, side pork, bacon, Chitterlings, and a gazillion other dishes I can't think of at the moment.

your right, I need to change my vote

Beef has apparently come from behind for a surprise lead.

I really expected this was a no-brainer for our porcine friends, but apparently it's a divisive issue.

While I love pork products, I had to go with beef. For me, there isn't much that can beat out a perfectly prepared rare steak. And just like the fellow pig, the sacred cow has a lot of dishes to offer.

I love pork, but so often it's a secondary player for me. Can't always be center stage. Beef on the other hand.... is a major player. Beef can stand up all by itself much more than pork. Steak stands by itself.

Bacon, while being a sacred meat to me, will always be a costar in most meals. It goes in the BLT. It goes along with the eggs. I couldn't just sit down and eat just bacon. Gotta have something with it. I can eat beef all by itself.

You can smoke beef. You can make sausage out of it. Or you can just grill it up and eat it as it is.

Beef.

Not likely. Been scarfing burgers (which is made from beef, of course) for about 43yrs now -and I have YET to get tired of the various cuts of steak that can be cooked on the grill (medium rare, of course) -among my favorites being a nice inch-thick Porterhouse (along with a Porter beer -no relation (grin)) and the Flank Steak (of which I will be cooking later this evening). Not sure exactly whats in beef dogs (not sure anyone really knows -and thats probably for the best) but I love 'em just the same! SWMBO prefers T-Bones.
Get tired of beef? Steak? Sorry, I just don't see that. Of course, I grew up around beef cattle on our farm, so that may have something to do with my love-affair with beef. To that same point, it was NEVER in short supply in our freezer while I was growing up.

Not sure where goat would fall, so I voted wild game since deer would be a close second for me.

Fish. Without question. The sheer variety means you will never get bored (this from someone who cooks fish for a living). Though if you don't dig on fish, thats moot.

Pork is a close second for the same reason. As far as cooking goes, it's the most versatile animal known to man.

I might have been more inclined to vote pork if it were old school pork. Stupid pigs today are too skinny.

Fish.

In full disclosure though i gave up 4 legged animals just over 3 years ago after suffering the worlds nastiest case of food poisoning from a pork sausage.
them ones with the missing legs are easier to hunt anyways

codyjp said:
Fish.

You can just as easily get food poisoning from fish, I'm not following your logic.

its probably not logic. just that he can't stand to eat it anymore. i couldn't eat hotdogs for years after i got really sick one night. i don't even think it was because of the hot dogs, but anytime i even looked at one my stomach hurt for like 4 years

I voted beef, but I could just have easily have voted pork. I eat mostly chicken at home, for health reasons - but a big juicy ribeye is one of my favorite things in life

BEEF! Its been about a month since my last steak. I am seriously getting DT's. All the other options are good but somehow, they just can't replace a good rare steak.

I love bacon but...if I could only eat one I would have to choose beef, I would never survive without a nice thick juicy steak on the grill. i would have to make some beef bacon thats all!:mug:

Back