What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double bastard waiting on the LSU Alabama game to come on

image-2184809052.jpg

Hello said:
You wish you were in 10 deep. :fro:

Pretty sure that is the stuff dreams are made of.

Having another "Session". I feel terrible after waiting all day for a man to come by and buy my TiVo box and I completely misspoke about the model. It really broke the deal for him. I never let people come to my place but since it was brew day I had little choice. I don't think I've apologized that much in a long time and of course, there's the little bit about not selling the unit because he wanted another model. :(

Impressive, she got jokes. :)

Damn! Just tested and tasted3 different batches of cider and all are either too bitter, too sour, too dry or just plain not good.

Tried adding a can of Apple Juice concentrate and still not good. The wife is looking for a cider that is VERY much Apple and sweet (like angry orchard) and I have yet do deliver after 6 batches.

Back to some more shine.

Damn! Just tested and tasted3 different batches of cider and all are either too bitter, too sour, too dry or just plain not good.

Tried adding a can of Apple Juice concentrate and still not good. The wife is looking for a cider that is VERY much Apple and sweet (like angry orchard) and I have yet do deliver after 6 batches.

Back to some more shine.

Thats cause Angry Orchard uses artificial flavoring. Try White Labs English Dry

allenH said:
Impressive, she got jokes. :)
I've got jokes all right.
Remmy said:
Solo cup half full of coconut rum and half white-grape juice. Floccing flying right now!
man, that sounds great.
jak1010 said:
Damn! Just tested and tasted3 different batches of cider and all are either too bitter, too sour, too dry or just plain not good. Tried adding a can of Apple Juice concentrate and still not good. The wife is looking for a cider that is VERY much Apple and sweet (like angry orchard) and I have yet do deliver after 6 batches. Back to some more shine.
I may have a recipe for you. Let me test the final product and I'll share.

You are alive! How was the '76 Crown?

Haha just had it actually. Passed on it last night. Haha the '76 went down smooth. I am not sure how all the years in that little container did it any good but it wasn't bad haha.

This Backwoods is quickly becoming on of my favorites though. Very tasty stuff.

"I may have a recipe for you. Let me test the final product and I'll share."

Thanks! Please let me know...I'm desperate.

Remmy said:
Goes down too floccing smooth. I repeat, too floccing smooth!
Something in life should go down smooth. :ban:

My Murray's hard apple cider. It's never going to clear. Made with Nottingham yeast. I think it's pretty good.

image-3483236859.jpg

Cheers, man! Smacked one of those earlier! Not as good as Jai!

Drinking the hb nut brown. Some of my other beers need to get done before I finish this off.

Relaxing after a bunch of firsts rolled into one. First all grain, first biab, first 1 gal batch, first full boil, first recipe to come from the site. I shrunk bee haus pale ale to give all grain a go. Kinda fun.

Brew day .. 10 gallon batch of as11 saison I need a yeast cake of it. Tried to brew a session batch but got really good efficiency today. 1.044 batch was the post boil goal and I had 1.054 preboil so i added water to the keggle.

Drank all day of coarse :D My favorite was a homebrew a friend made "plum wheat" pink in color tart and Delicious !!

ForumRunner_20131109_183706.png

ForumRunner_20131109_183722.png

ForumRunner_20131109_183737.png

ForumRunner_20131109_183807.png

Back