Grape Soda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperflyMD

Reaction score
I want a keg of grape soda along side my beer in the kegerator. I've seen a couple of fancy recipes, but what I'm looking for is just 5 gallons of carbonated white trash "grape sodey" to go along with barbeque.

Any suggestions, or websites where I can get extract?

Forget extracts. Kool-Aid is where it's at. buy a bunch of grape kool-aid packets, mix, keg, done. you might want to add some extra citric acid if it's not tart enough. Carbonated grape juice is better, IMO, but not nearly as white trash :)

Forget extracts. Kool-Aid is where it's at. buy a bunch of grape kool-aid packets, mix, keg, done. you might want to add some extra citric acid if it's not tart enough. Carbonated grape juice is better, IMO, but not nearly as white trash :)

yep, carbonated kool-aid (the unsweetened packets that you mix with sugar and water) works really well. 10 packets and 7-10 cups of sugar fills a 5-gallon corny.

If you do this you can laugh at the kool-aid commercials that try to say kool-aid is healthier than Pop.

This sounds really tasty, atleast something fun to have. Now what if you fermented it and then back sweetened it? You would have something probably as crappy as the alchopops available but lots cheaper. Would be great for a party.

Back