Competition - Mazer Cup International 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayneb

Reaction score
The Mazer Cup International - Call for Entries

The Mazer Cup International 2009
The Mazer Cup International is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition open to all home meadmakers.

For almost two decades the best known name in mead competitions has been the Mazer Cup. Created by Ken Schramm (author of “The Compleat Meadmaker”), Dan McConnell and Mike O‘Brien, the annual event quickly became the world’s best recognized and most prestigious mead competition. The Mazer Cup has not been held for the past few years and the time has come for the Mazer Cup to once again establish the standard for mead competitions.

With kind permission from Ken, Dan and Mike, the owners of Got Mead, the internet’s premier source for all things mead, have taken up the torch and will sponsor a home and commercial mead competition the weekend of April 17-19, 2009, in Boulder, Colorado. The Mazer Cup is reborn as the Mazer Cup International!!

How do I enter?
Click here to enter online or you may download the entry form, bottle ID forms, rules, regulations and style guidelines. Entries are $7, however if you enter electronically we discount the entry fee to $6.00.

Why should I enter?
• You get to compete against a host of international home meadmakers
• Valuable feedback from experienced judges and professional meadmakers
• Suggestions on how to improve your mead from judges and other meadmakers

When may I enter?
• The Mazer Cup International is currently accepting entries
• The entry deadline is April 3, 2009
• The Mazer Cup – Home Competition judging will be on April 18, 2009

Don't Miss Out!
Visit the Mazer Cup International Website here. Enter and go head-to-head with some of the best meadmakers in the US and around the world. This will be a great competition for mead feedback from mead experts, writers and award winning meadmakers.

For those of you with meads that you deem worthy of entering in competition, several of us who helped run the Home Meadmaker's Competition that was part of the International Mead Festival in Colorado have re-incarnated it as the "Mazer Cup International" (with Ken Schramm's kind permission), and this year's event will be held the weekend after Tax Day (April 17-19) in Boulder, CO.

I know that 'summersolstice' has already posted a note in another thread about the event, but I wanted to make sure that you all knew that now the website has been updated with all the info you'll need to enter.

Hope that you all will consider entering! Thanks for your attention.

Wayne Boncyk (aka wayneb)

Back