Great Northern Beer Festival in northern WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odawg

Reaction score
Anyone planning to go to the Great Northern Beer Festival ? Saturday June 11th 2-6pm. It's in northern WI, in Eagle River. I went last year. Good times. Some very good beers sampled there.
Have my tickets already. Sounds like a few new breweries will be there this year.

Same here. Last years' was a blast. I'm happy to see two other breweries that I've always enjoyed, Founders and New Belgium making it there as well. Great line-up of WI and midwest breweries (plus a few others). Tickets in hand, campsite reserved, and ready to go :rockin:

Tickets and campsite taken care of, now let's hope the rain holds off.

Look for a tall guy in a black red wings hat and say hello!

See ya guys (and girls) there!

TB

Yeah, I hope the rain holds off too. Sounds like we might get a few drops later tonight, but nothing tomorrow. It's looking like a great beerfest! Stop by and visit tonight, Yooper and Timber.

Yeah, I hope the rain holds off too. Sounds like we might get a few drops later tonight, but nothing tomorrow. It's looking like a great beerfest! Stop by and visit tonight, Yooper and Timber.

We'll be rolling into town tomorrow morning, so won't see ya tonight. Keep on the lookout tomorrow, though!

:mug:

Tickets and campsite taken care of, now let's hope the rain holds off.

Look for a tall guy in a black red wings hat and say hello!

See ya guys (and girls) there!

TB

Quite a storm here last night! I hope Odawg didn't drown!

We're leaving in a of hours- we've got a truck pop-up pick up camper, and we'll be across (sort of) from Odawg on the same loop. I'm planning on wearing a black Sprecher's sweatshirt, unless it gets colder. I'll be wearing glasses.

Quite a storm here last night! I hope Odawg didn't drown!

We're leaving in a of hours- we've got a truck pop-up pick up camper, and we'll be across (sort of) from Odawg on the same loop. I'm planning on wearing a black Sprecher's sweatshirt, unless it gets colder. I'll be wearing glasses.

Yep, we're leaving in a few minutes, too. We'll have two small tents on our site. I think our site is one fifty something, so it sounds like we'll be in the same area as you guys. The other couple reserved it for us, so I can't remember exactly what number they said. I'll be on the lookout. Hopefully we'll see ya all there!

Happy sampling, guys and girls

Yep, we're leaving in a few minutes, too. We'll have two small tents on our site. I think our site is one fifty something, so it sounds like we'll be in the same area as you guys. The other couple reserved it for us, so I can't remember exactly what number they said. I'll be on the lookout. Hopefully we'll see ya all there!

Happy sampling, guys and girls

I think we're 156 or 157! I told Bob to be on the lookout for you also!

Well, Bob and I are home and wanted to say what a great time we had! :ban:

We had some very good beers, but nothing that was really outstanding. The one great "find" we had was Vintage Brewing Company from Madison. We went over to their campsite after the festival, and enjoyed even more of their Palindrome beer. http://vintagebrewingcompany.com/ That was a definite plus, and we really thought their beer was great.

It was great meeting Tiber_Brew for the first time! That was a lot of fun, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

We had a great time also. Lots of good beers, good people, and the weather was just right.

It was likewise a pleasure meeting Yooper and her husband, as well as Odawg in person this weekend!

Now it's time to rack my vanilla bourbon porter...

TB

It was great meeting you also Tiber, and Yooper, always a pleasure. I think this year's festival was great. Too bad you weren't able to make it, lschiavo.

I actually found that the Red Eye's 'Red Ey3' was really good, as well as South Shore's Weisbock brew. If my phone wouldn't have got soaked, I was planning to sign on here and check out the thread Sat morning, but oh well. The rest of the day, and the festival were great. I was visiting with the Northwoods brewery at their site after the event and got to try some of their other beers, notably their IPA and Rye PA, which were really good.

Hopefully we can all meet up for your brewday this summer, Yooper. Houghton, Bridgefest-bound next weekend.

Yes, the "Red Ey3 3" was an excellent beer! I talked extensively with their brewer, and it sounds like we'll keep in contact, which is good.

I was also impressed with "Black Husky" brewing, and of course several of the homebrews there from LUSH club - particularly the jalapeno beer. I've got my sights set on making one now...

TB

Latest posts

Back