Boddington's Pub Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubslover

Reaction score
Being the beer lover I am, I search high and low for a name I've never tasted before, be it CHEAP or expensive.

I could have sworn I've had it before, but I was at some po-dunkt bar with some buddies and didn't feel like the standard Miller light or etc, so I ordered a Boddington's. ick

I've had some VERY cheap beer (Osco brand even), and until now, Clear Creek Ice was the only beer I could not drink.

Add:

Boddington's pub ale.

You pour it and it looks the part of a pale ale, but that's where the beer comparison stops.

Sounds like they mishandled it or it was definitely not fresh. Boddingtons is pretty good stuff. Has a nitro cartridge so you get a creamy mouth-feel. Give it another shot from a reputable craft beer vendor with good turnover.

Sounds like they mishandled it or it was definitely not fresh. Boddingtons is pretty good stuff. Has a nitro cartridge so you get a creamy mouth-feel. Give it another shot from a reputable craft beer vendor with good turnover.

It's quite possible that it was not fresh.

I'd say the beer mainstays of this place are Bud, Coors, Miller and their light offspring.

As I mentioned, I thought I had had it before with no negative memories, I'll have to pick a couple up fresh and try them again.

i got a 4-pack of the stuff. i choked down the first 1 after several beers, drank another 1 after my taste buds recovered a few days later (with a friend for moral support), and couldn't give away the 4th 1, so i poured it on the ground. worst beer i ever tasted, and i tasted olympia back in the early 80's :eek:

I have to say that Boddington's pub Ale is a truly magnificent beer. I cannot believe there are some wo do not like it..... I say it had to be a bad batch!

No really, this is what makes beer so fun not everyone likes everything.

Cheers!

Back