CO2 Outside Chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
I'm looking for any interesting and nice looking ways people have ran their CO2 from the outside of the fridge on a Chest freezer without a collar.... pictures or descriptions would be much appreciated

hmm mine's interesting - not nice. drilled some holes, ran the lines, jammed paper towels around the lines where they pass through the sharp cut edge... Hasty job.

without a collar might be tough. If you don't have a collar to drill through than you are probably left with going through the lid since there is most likely coolant lines in all the side walls. I could be wrong about that, though. Someone with more hands-on experience will probably chime in soon.

yeah my drain hole is on the front...what i was thinking of doing was drilling a hole then run a compression fitting to a piece of copper or hose inside the lid that would run into the ceiling then into the distributor.... i need to test it to make sure it will hold the pressure before i start making holes...

I drilled 2 1 1/2 inch holes in the top for the beer and Co2 lines and caulked in two short pieces of PVC pipe with caps on the top with holes drilled in the caps for the lines to pass through.

Just drill the hole and buy a grommet at Home Depot. Then run the hose through wherever you want. Rememebr to size up your hole after you buy the grommet so that it isn't too big. Bring some of whatever hose you are going to use with you to Home Depot make sure that it will go through snug.

A friend of mine did it with a fitting, similar to a shank. If I get a chance i'll ask him what it was, but I think he bought it at Austin Homebrew

I notched the rubber seal between the body of the freezer and the lid. Just wide enough to run the line from the tank to the manifold. Did it on the back of the unit and the lid still closes and seals well.

Just drill the hole and buy a grommet at Home Depot. Then run the hose through wherever you want. Rememebr to size up your hole after you buy the grommet so that it isn't too big. Bring some of whatever hose you are going to use with you to Home Depot make sure that it will go through snug.

A grommet like this from HD?
grommet

I'm trying to figure out the best way to pass two CO2 lines into my kegerator (mini-fridge). The shank from Austin sounds like a nice option but I'd have to buy two and I don't think it's worth the cost.

A grommet like this from HD?
grommet

I'm trying to figure out the best way to pass two CO2 lines into my kegerator (mini-fridge). The shank from Austin sounds like a nice option but I'd have to buy two and I don't think it's worth the cost.

I suppose a brass grommet could work, but my first thought would have been a rubber one, more like this- Rubber Grommet I'd put one on the outer wall and another on the inner wall if it were me.

Back