Best. Present. Ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not brew related, for better or worse.

SWMBO just gave me my belated fathers day / anniversary present, just what I had asked for.

She got me a theme song.

A friend of hers on her Mommy board is married to a musician, so they mocked up Tom Wait's "Murder In The Red Barn" to make it Bird-specific ("Father of a RedHead," but it's a lot more detailed than that). SWMBO's friend wrote it, I think with help from the board, her husband recorded it, we've got an MP3. I'm a little uncomforable with the level of personal detail about me floating around this board, but hell.

I now have a theme some. :rockin:

Just wanted to share....

"Murder in the Red Barn" always reminded me of a Faulkner book.
Did they leave in that line about "Roadkill has it's seasons..."?

Actually, since I was just listening to The Ramones version last night, and if Adams is anywhere near the ocean, you could adopt "Surfin' Bird" as your theme... Either by The Ramones or the original by The Trashmen....

Thinking with beer, always interesting for me. :drunk:

Pretty nice tho to get your own song. :)

Ize

We are just about as far away from the ocean as you can possible get and remain within the boundaries of Massachusetts. Good thought, though.

Back