GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbobhat said:
That show is probably the most addictive I've ever seen, I think its the single key piano playing at the beginning in the intros. Then you realize you are watching for a whole hour and, "wait there's another intro so I gotta see how that connects to the story."

Have you see Portlandia episode about BSG?

Slither
Dead Snow
The Horde
DEVIL
The Shrine
The Road
Stakeland
Rubber
American Mary
Don't BE Afraid of the Dark
Mutants
Troll Hunter
Ponty pool
Awakening
Re-animator
The Nightmare before Christmas
Monsters
Dog House
Skeleton Key
The Faculty
The Tall Man
The Signal
Hellboy
Ghostbusters
Blood Creek

ALL are either 5 star horror masterpieces, or throughly well done halloween fun pieces.

ALL worth a watch. Far from a complete list.

Anyone think it's not worth 7.99/month?

I would seriously consider punching you in the face.

Happy Halloween!!

Just watched Prophecy. Christopher Walken always amuses me. It is kind of like a Serpent and Rainbow meets exorcism. Then you get the movie Legion being the remake that F's everything up.

Slither
Dead Snow
The Horde
DEVIL
The Shrine
The Road
Stakeland
Rubber
American Mary
Don't BE Afraid of the Dark
Mutants
Troll Hunter
Ponty pool
Awakening
Re-animator
The Nightmare before Christmas
Monsters
Dog House
Skeleton Key
The Faculty
The Tall Man
The Signal
Hellboy
Ghostbusters
Blood Creek

ALL are either 5 star horror masterpieces, or throughly well done halloween fun pieces.

ALL worth a watch. Far from a complete list.

Anyone think it's not worth 7.99/month?

I would seriously consider punching you in the face.

Happy Halloween!!

From tonights watching,

Dead Snow... Meh.
Stake Land - I was pondering this one for a while. I like it.

The Nightmare before Christmas is a Christmas movie.

Started re-warching Fringe from the beginning during my lunch breaks at work. I didn't realize just how much I missed Walter Bishop.

Dead snow meh?

Clearly you have never seen evil dead 2.

And Dead Snow is a SNOW movie.

I have seen Evil Dead, 2, and Army. Haven't watched the recent remake yet though. Maybe it was just because I was drunkening myself and paying attention to the subtitles was no fun. It just didnt have the same fun campiness of the Evil Dead movies.

I have seen Evil Dead, 2, and Army. Haven't watched the recent remake yet though. Maybe it was just because I was drunkening myself and paying attention to the subtitles was no fun. It just didnt have the same fun campiness of the Evil Dead movies.

Fair enough........hmmm.........it sort of had 2 parts.

The first half was a slightly more high brow, sophisticated zombie movie.

After the 2 girls split for the cars, and the 2 dorks are left to distract and defend, it gets SO awesomely campy. The scene where they gear up in the "workshed" ala evil dead 2 and then beat zombie ASS was priceless.

The ensueing zombie "ARISE" scene was likewise over the top and FUN.

Maybe have a few less beers and watch it agin next month.

:mug:

Fair enough........hmmm.........it sort of had 2 parts.

The first half was a slightly more high brow, sophisticated zombie movie.

After the 2 girls split for the cars, and the 2 dorks are left to distract and defend, it gets SO awesomely campy. The scene where they gear up in the "workshed" ala evil dead 2 and then beat zombie ASS was priceless.

The ensueing zombie "ARISE" scene was likewise over the top and FUN.

Maybe have a few less beers and watch it agin next month.

:mug:

I do see the 2 part and agree on the over the top bit. I still think it was the excess beer + subtitles. I have to be in the right frame of mind for subtitles and always miss stuff with them.

Sorry, but as I rely more and more on amazon prime this holiday season (HALLO-FUKIN-WEEN) I realize that lots that I once loved on NF is now on Prime....and both have lots of good new additions.

No I don't own this thread, but as the OP, I wish to open this up to amazon prime recomendations too.

We can throw N or AP after things to note which it is on.

Sorry! I am now a firm believer that you need both.

FIDO (AP) is awesome. SO overlooked somehow.

pffft like I haven't already been pimping Amazon Prime for MONTHS now in this thread. Amazon has really stepped up their game since the early days, and now have lots of good content on Prime.

There's a lot of overlap with Netflix, but there's also quite a lot of content exclusive to each.

I've checked out the AP selection, and have been tempted several times, but then I remind myself that there aren't enough hours in the day to watch the Netflix content!

I've checked out the AP selection, and have been tempted several times, but then I remind myself that there aren't enough hours in the day to watch the Netflix content!

Honestly, it is mostly when looking for stuff I found first on Netflix (like FIDO) that is no longer there, but low and behold is on amazon.

Back OT!

(AP) Watched Adams Family 1 and 2 back to back last night. Amazing how good those are.

(N)Poultrygeist is effing CLASSIC.

I'm watching Ain't in it for my Health: A Film About Levon Helm. Must watch if you like The Band or even if you just like good music.

I'm watching Ain't in it for my Health: A Film About Levon Helm. Must watch if you like The Band or even if you just like good music.

THANKS! I knew it was there but for some reason couldn't bring myself to start it. Needed a nudge, thanks!

If we are including Amazon, you should check out "Call Me Fitz"

It is 1.99 and episode on Amazon-maybe free, I'm not sure and it is running on Direct TV Audience channel. It's in if 4th season but you can watch it from the start on DTV on Demand. I just went through the first season last week and I love it. It's about a used care salesman (Jason Priestly) and is funny as hell.

I highly recommend it.

From http://callmefitz.tv/the-show/season-1/101-the-pilot

Written by Sheri Elwood

Logline:

Fitz hits rock bottom when he crashes a test drive, puts a woman in a coma, and wakes up to find he’s grown a conscience – a living/breathing do-gooder named Larry, who threatens to not only set Fitz straight, but undercut his run for a 10th straight “Fibbie.”

Synopsis:

Richard “Fitz” Fitzpatrick, morally bankrupt top salesman of pre-owned automobiles for
9 years running, hits rock bottom when he crashes a GT on a test drive, puts a woman in
a coma, and wakes up to find he’s grown a conscience – a living/breathing hanger-on
named Larry, who joins Fitzpatrick Motors as a do-gooder salesman, and threatens to
undercut Fitz’ debaucherous way of life…

I watched End of Watch this weekend while relaxing off a slight hangover and mourning my lost beard (it came off for a halloween costume). Well made, ilbeit depressing movie.

SHUT UP Little Man - definitely worth a watch. Hilarious enough to merit watching just for laughs, but there is something to it a little deeper than just that.

Shut Up Little Man was definitely a good watch but the fact that there's a small, subcultural nitche for that type of voyeurism weirded me out.

Shut Up Little Man was definitely a good watch but the fact that there's a small, subcultural nitche for that type of voyeurism weirded me out.

Beyond the screaming neighbors? I guess.

I half agree with Tommy Lee Sausage...(or whatever TF his improbable name was) that because the yelling was clearly audible in their apartment, it was fair game.

Beyond that, who doesn't like to hear other people's conversations?

I remember waaaaaay back when, my buddy's dad had an apartment after the divorce, and when you picked up the landline, you could hear this neighbor chick talking to her friend on the phone about her boyfriend's dick, and we couldn't stop listening.

SHUT UP Little Man - definitely worth a watch. Hilarious enough to merit watching just for laughs, but there is something to it a little deeper than just that.

I had the a copy of a copy of a copy of one of the tapes back in the day and having enjoyed that immensely, the movie was even better.

Trailer park boys Movie is pretty effing hilarious.

Thanks NewWestBrewer. I checked out the killing. Seems good!

VHS one is a little obnoxious, but good. VHS 2 SUCKS hairy goat balls.

Back