Beer Magazines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a bunch of back issues from the BYO website. It is good reading.

Craig

I subscribe to BYO, Zymurgy and The New Brewer. BYO and Zymurgy are both homebrew magazines and I enjoy them both. I find Zymurgy to be a little more advanced than BYO. The New Brewer's focus is on the commercial craft brewing industry.

I subscribe to BYO and pick up Zymurgy from time to time at the HBS. I had thought about picking up a copy of Beer Advocate. And I'd never heard of Draft until today!

I subscribed to All About Beer on a whim about a year ago. But it seemed kind of dated in it's look and approach. Always some so-so looking woman on the cover who really should get out of the modelling business. I didn't renew after my year was up.

Well, they retooled the magazine and I got a free copy in the mail yesterday. I really like the improvements I've seen and read so far. But, IMHO, the new cover looks a lot like Draft! Any other ex-subscribers out there get a free copy?

CBBaron said:
I picked up a bunch of back issues from the BYO website. It is good reading.

Craig

I did the same thing. went online and looked through all the back issues, found the ones with topics that were pertinent to me, and ordered their 10 for $25 option.

I'm still reading through the stack. good stuff.

I picked up copies of BYO and All About Beer at the bookstore prior to my family vacation to the beach earlier this month. I thought the All About Beer had more (quality and quantity) content than the BYO. However, I don't subscribe to either so this could have been an anomoly.

I've picked up a subscription to BYO recently. pretty good all around brewing news and information. Interesting topics and cool projects (like last issues' magnetic stirrer project).

I also have picked up the beer newspaper 'yankee brew news' for a variety of info on homebrewing, beerfests, beer bars, microbreweries, etc. There are apparently half dozen associated regional papers with different local content.

BYO is a great magazine. If you sign up, just remember that you can support brewing podcastsers, like Basic Brewing Radio, by ordering your subscription from their website. It won't cost you any more, but they will get a small slice of the purchase.

And if you haven't already checked out the Basic Brewing Radio podcasts, I highly recommend them: http://www.basicbrewing.com.

Brewtopia said:
I subscribe to BYO, Zymurgy and The New Brewer. BYO and Zymurgy are both homebrew magazines and I enjoy them both. I find Zymurgy to be a little more advanced than BYO. The New Brewer's focus is on the commercial craft brewing industry.

Would you recommend the New Brewer? It is really pricey.

I've read a few articles from it and have come away impressed, but yikes, the price.

Latest posts

Back