hows my crush?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steber

Reaction score
Just started grinding my first batch of grains with my corona mill. Just wanted some reinsurance on my crush. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

ForumRunner_20130116_172010.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_172026.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_172048.jpg

My mill Corona Mill always lets a few get through at first that dont crush. But when they start getting in there together and rubbing it goes away. I figure thats just normal and the few that dont crush at the start dont make that big of difference. That crush looks okay to me. The way to see is to brew and check effeciency. If its low the crush could be the issue.

I liked them both. I want my MLT to drain some time today, so I'd pick the first. Whats an extra pound of 2row cost 0.60.

Well finished up.. got a finished crush somewhere between the two. A little worried I might have too much flour/powder in the mix but I'll find out when I mash.

Even your second photo looks a little coarser than what I get from my Barley Crusher. I haven't had a stick mash yet and I routinely get over 80% eff.

Back