Electric controller for boil pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedjw8

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience building a 220v control system for a boil pot? I really want to move away from propane?

Im not really savy with electrical but with the right guidance Im sure i could do it..

thanks Wicked

There is a guy in the Portland homebrew club I know build an electric system. It's pretty swanky. What sort of info are you looking for, maybe I can pass on your info to him or vice versa. Shoot me a PM or email - j at cobdavis dot com

Post your questions in the Electric Brewing forum. There are lots of helpful people there.
I am in the planning stages for going electric and have learned a lot reading about what others have done.

Ive done a ton of reading and rescearch.. do to my hands on personality i would feel safer if I had someone that was local I could do a build with. Im new to the pmm club and had a nasty boil over that changed my whole mind on propane. Im in the portland area sooo hoping that I could find someone in the next week or so..

Lots a of brewing left to do.

wicked

I recently met Dean, who lives Windham, who has a pretty tidy 220 system in his basement. He said he visits HBT, but doesn't hang out on the forums, so to speak. I'll drop him a note that you're asking...

Very cool. I decided to buy one instead of building... used that for a month or so then a buddy and I built one useing the brewtroller software and its awesome.. I 'll post pics soon. Now I have two controllers and only need one.. good problem to have I guess

Latest posts

Back