• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kegging/home draft system (or parts)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkziemann

Reaction score
Looking to make the plunge into kegging beer and having a home draft system. Would prefer being able to fit 2 kegs into the fridge/whatever and have the ability to draft two different beers.

I don't have any of the parts and am not totally sure of what I'll need yet, so that's why I'm leaving the title vague. Also not looking to spend a fortune!! Thanks :mug:

Looking to make the plunge into kegging beer and having a home draft system. Would prefer being able to fit 2 kegs into the fridge/whatever and have the ability to draft two different beers.

I don't have any of the parts and am not totally sure of what I'll need yet, so that's why I'm leaving the title vague. Also not looking to spend a fortune!! Thanks :mug:

Sooooo.... you need the kegerator too? or do you have a fridge that you can convert to a kegerator?

Other than that, budget means a lot. You can find used parts and piece together your own system or you can visit sites like northernbrewer.com and buy a kit that includes kegs, hoses, fittings and some even come with the co2 regulator and a co2 bottle.

If I understand your needs... your part list should look something like this:

2 - homebrew kegs (either pin-lock or ball-lock)
2 - sets of disconnects (each set will include a liquid and a gas disconnect)
2 - 3/16" beer line (approx. 20 feet total)
1 - 5/16" gas line (the length of this line will be determined by how close your co2 bottle is and how much hose you need to reach two kegs after the tee/wye)
1 SS (5/16") tee/wye that will allow you to get one gas line to each keg
2 taps to pour beer - these can be picnic taps or faucets in your kegerator door (faucets require more parts and money but is worth while if you have the money to spend.
keg lube
extra o-rings to replace o-rings on kegs (from time to time)

It's not cheap to get into it but man it sure seems worth it in the end.

I have a stainless tower with 2 Perlick forward seal faucets (the older kind), stainless micro matic elbows and beer lines with connects sitting idle. Pretty much a complete liquid side, but I'm not sure of the value. I do, however know what I paid...

I have a couple of pin-lock corny kegs with liquid and gas fittings for each if you're interested. O-rings have been replaced. PM me for more info.

Kaised,
Your PM box reports full, but I might be interested in a couple of pin lock cornies if the price plus shipping to 22042 makes sense. How much are you asking?

Thanks

Sorry about that, cleared out my PMs. I'd take $100 which would include gas/liquid fittings for both kegs. I'll have to throw them on the scale to get a shipping estimate.

NiteOwlBrewing said:
I have a stainless tower with 2 Perlick forward seal faucets (the older kind), stainless micro matic elbows and beer lines with connects sitting idle. Pretty much a complete liquid side, but I'm not sure of the value. I do, however know what I paid...

Tried to send you a PM. Box is full. Pics to [email protected] if you could please. I'm in Findlay hope to be through Dayton in the next couple of weeks. Thanks, Tim

Back