coopers stout.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djlee84

Reaction score
Hi, im thinking about using the coopers stout kits but was thinking about throwing in 2 kits and filling to 23 l so no extra fermentables, i've done a lot of reading on here but i couldnt see if this was covered. any suggestions or tips would be great. the reason i was thinking about it is to try keep the coopers taste instead of bringing my own touch into the equation.

cheers in advance

Hi, I'm no expert.. but, I've done a bit of reading here.. some from folks that use Coopers. That was my first brew.. which I haven't tasted yet.. still carbing.

I think.. ummm... :) Using two kits may over hop your brew. Some of what I've read is to use one kit and one tin of plain malt extract.. probably the Coopers Light ME. As I understand it, there will be some unfermentables.. still haven't figured that out.. but, I think that might get you someplace.

One suggestion is to go to the Coopers website. They have Coopers Talk. There is a forum that has some recipes.. many are straight kits.. others are modified kits using the suggestion above. Worth a look.

Back