Washed yeast and trub?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDFST507

Reaction score
I recently tried my hand at washing some wlp001 a few weeks ago from an IPA. Everything went pretty good but I have a small layer of trub still in my container. Is this ok? Or should there be no trub at all? I have two small "jam" style jars and they both have about 1/16 inch of trub on the bottom. I was planning on decanting most of the liquid and then making a starter. Sorry I don't have any pics. Will that bit of trub harm anything?

Is it green from hops? If not I imagine it would be o.k. I think the IPA may affect the future batch so you may want to use a stronger flavored ale to brew with it like stout or another IPA.

Is it green from hops? If not I imagine it would be o.k. I think the IPA may affect the future batch so you may want to use a stronger flavored ale to brew with it like stout or another IPA.

That small amount isn't going to effect anything regardless of what you use it in.

Back