Corny Keg Ball-Lock Connections Question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjackson

Reaction score
I now have a second-hand kegerator (photos later) but right now I'm trying to get my two corny kegs to hook up to it. It has two taps with one of them very easily connecting to my corny keg which I think this is the right connector. I poured some beer through it so I'm sure it works.

This is it:
yRoDM.jpg

Then, there are 4 more types (with two of each type)
First:
aV1jK.jpg

Second:
J3j5D.jpg

So, The first one works but I only have enough of those for ONE of my TWO kegs so I need to buy more. Do the other 4 work with this keg type? I tried to get them to work but no luck.

Here's a site I found that sells the ones I need but they're expensive at $7.50 each.

http://www.annapolishomebrew.com/shopSKsupplies.asp

Thanks for the help and I'm looking for some buying advice for these.

The top one is a ball lock connector for your cornie kegs. The others are for commercial brews and won't do you any good for your cornie keg. You'll need to buy some more black ball lock connectors for the beer (OUT) and grey ones for the gas (IN) side.

The good news is that you can probably sell the 4 sankey couplers for enough to buy 4 sets of corny QD's. FWIW the first two look like type S, and the second two like type D.

The good news is that you can probably sell the 4 sankey couplers for enough to buy 4 sets of corny QD's. FWIW the first two look like type S, and the second two like type D.

Thanks guys. I also appreciate the clarification as to what the others are so now I know what kind I have. My friends actually want to get another tap installed with a pony keg of bud light so I'm going to keep the other locks around...with 2 home brews + one bud light, maybe I can convince them to switch over to mine every once in a while :)

Hi

A fairly good thing to mix in are 1/6 bbl kegs. Like a Corny they are 5 gal. Size is similar as well. They will work fine with the couplers you have. I'd hang on to at least one of each commercial coupler. You never know what you might decide to try.

Bob

Back