Thermapen open box sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.... do I buy 1 or 2?
Will I be sleeping on the couch for one night or two weeks?
Is the wrath of a 8 month pregnant SWMBO worth the savings... These are the questions I must answer before I click buy.

Ok, those of you that have a Thermapen... do you use it for brewing and cooking? Or would you rather have one for each?

I use it for both with no issue. Buy one, and buy your wife some flowers & chocolate with what you woulda spent on the 2nd.

Trigger pulled on one. I've been wanting one for over a year and this is definitely the best deal I've seen so I guess its about time. I'll be taking the wife out to dinner tonight.

Thanks for the tip rico!

Thanks for the deal. Took the slickdealz approach - Buy now, ask questions (and forgiveness) later. Now to research why I actually need one of these...

I have one and use it for brewing and occasionally for cooking when I am smoking meat but I just got another. Also I have to give them props my old Thermapen that’s 2.5-3 years old died on me last week and I sent it in for a repair estimate and they responded back within 48 hours that they were sending out a new one for free. That made me pull the trigger for another today. Great company to do business with.

I got one for Christmas. I accidently left it sticking in the false bottom of my mash tun when I was pre-heating it. When I remembered it, it was 1/4 submerged in 176 degree water. When they say splash-proof, they mean splash proof. Never missed a lick.

Reelale said:
I got one for Christmas. I accidently left it sticking in the false bottom of my mash tun when I was pre-heating it. When I remembered it, it was 1/4 submerged in 176 degree water. When they say splash-proof, they mean splash proof. Never missed a lick.

That's good to know. I was wondering how it would handle being submerged because I've done that to a couple cheapo thermometers and they don't make it.

Ok, those of you that have a Thermapen... do you use it for brewing and cooking? Or would you rather have one for each?

I have one (with this sale, soon to be two, but I'll probably give it as a gift) that I use for brewing, cooking, baking, and just about anything else that requires a temperature reading (Why, yes, my garden soil was 55F last April 20th, why do you ask?).

Love the Thermapen, tempted to buy a second one although I have no idea why I would need it.

Just as a warning though, these things seriously spoil you. You will never ever be able to go back to the cheap, fat, and slow varieties.

I literally just finished checking out on amazon for one of their cheaper ones so cancelled and ordered this. Was going to be my 3rd thermometer in 1 year and said screw it and bought this bad boy.

I literally just finished checking out on amazon for one of their cheaper ones so cancelled and ordered this. Was going to be my 3rd thermometer in 1 year and said screw it and bought this bad boy.

Yeah man, same here! I bought several thermometers off of Amazon. All of them failed after less than a year.

I can state from my own experience of close to three years with the Thermapen that you will not regret it.

Mine came with J E L L Y B E A N S!!!! WOO HOO!

Yeah, mine did too... And to do one better, unbeknownst to me, they forgot to include the instruction booklet... They sent is with a "Oops, we were being silly that day and forgot it" type of note a few weeks later...

Definitely the best thermometer I have used to date...

Thanks for listing I have had one of these on the list for quite some time but... I found a Craig's List deal on 8 cornys and pulled the trigger on Monday. So to keep peace with the SWMBO I think I'll have to pass.

bad67z said:
Thanks for listing I have had one of these on the list for quite some time but... I found a Craig's List deal on 8 cornys and pulled the trigger on Monday. So to keep peace with the SWMBO I think I'll have to pass.

Wish I could find a deal like that...

You will definitely love having a Thermapen. I have two, one stays at the house and the other in my truck (for tailgating, never could remember to pack it).

Super quick, doesn't create a gaping hole in your meat, and it registers right at the tip, which makes it perfect for thinner items and hard to read meats such as fish.

Damn you guys for all the good reviews. I'm trying to save for a conical, but how can I pass this up? Been through so many thermometers, I couldn't count!

Pulled the trigger on one tonight too.

I went with the pink color figuring if there was a shortage of stock, pink would be one of the last colors to go.

Just received mine in Orange. I did an ice bath test and read 32.0 in just about 3 seconds. Can't wait to test it on my mash tomorrow!

Back