What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decent, not better than Narwhal and triple the price.

image-2991871519.jpg

Or you can spend that energy PM'ing me and telling me the gossip. :D Do it! Do it! I'm a lady. Well, I'm female. Pretty sure no one has ever been so gracious as to call me a lady. :eek:

You're brewing 15 gallons? Do you split your batch to ferment?

Well, more like 14.5 preboil. I'm doing a 12 gallon batch to ferment in two 6.5 carboys. I'm only aiming for 5.5 in each, but with whole hops and extra protein from wheat, flaked barley, and 6 row base, my overall brewhouse efficiency isn't great.

You're super fast! I even edited. Haha
I speak only the truth my man.

That's what she said!

Decent, not better than Narwhal and triple the price.

I've enjoyed the other beers I've had from that brewery and think Narwhal is a hot boozy mess so I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

Need to grab another beer. Side boil added back to kettle and 60 minute hops are in. I've been liking sterling as a a bittering hop and an tempted to stick with it for the stirpool, but the galaxy/mosaic/nelson combo in the freezer is calling my name. I think I'll save those to dryhop maybe half the batch and for ... who am trying to kid. This is why I need to finalize the recipe before I start drinking, especially liqour. :drunk:

TNGabe said:
Well, more like 14.5 preboil. I'm doing a 12 gallon batch to ferment in two 6.5 carboys. I'm only aiming for 5.5 in each, but with whole hops and extra protein from wheat, flaked barley, and 6 row base, my overall brewhouse efficiency isn't great.
I wouldn't mind graduating to 10 gal boils soon. I want a keg system first though.

CliffMongoloid said:
Hb pale ale... Just picked up this freezer that my dad got for free! Lil small but a bucket squeezes in .... I'll have to make a collar....no more swamp cooler!! And damn frozen bottles!
Nice. Think I have the same one I got off Craigslist. Now it's this.

image-3036862206.jpg

Give it a little while if he don't come clean I'll spill the beans.

There may be things we dont know about, better to leave it alone than start some shizz. Still drinking water trying to get rid of the massive headache the dangerous o so delicious everclear cider caused

finsfan said:
There may be things we dont know about, better to leave it alone than start some shizz. Still drinking water trying to get rid of the massive headache the dangerous o so delicious everclear cider caused

Everclear cider?

finsfan said:
It was half apple juice half cider, boiled with a pound of sugar per gallon and cinnamon sicks, and then add everclear. Shots are filled with whipped cream and than the cider, too good!

Sounds like a bad decision....and a good decision. ;)

Leadgolems coffee wine. This is very unique. Similar to coffee liquor but thinner and less sweet. At 14.7% I'm forecasting buzzed with partly cloudy skies!

IMG-20131102-00399.jpg

tyzippers said:
Speaking of good decision/bad decision:

And now my wallet is $40 lighter. Apparently a double of Glenlevit 12 year, neat is $20.

Dayum!
That's a lot for something that tastes as bad as scotch. ;)

campbelldm1 said:
Nice. Think I have the same one I got off Craigslist. Now it's this.

image-3898454293.jpg

I finished mine last month. Got a second tap and keg. Waiting for this months bonus to add the third and truly complete it.

Drank a couple tonight.

image-1942667502.jpg

image-675979745.jpg

And a couple vodka mix drinks. I'm going to regret this while I'm hunting tomorrow.

Sounds like a bad decision....and a good decision. ;)

we were not told it was everclear until we had at least four or five of them, we still had more after tho because they were amazing!

Too good to an alcoholic, got any more?

haha fortunately it was not ours. they had a 5 gallon cooler full of it before the game, im sure its gone now they tend to drink a ton but stay composed, idk how!

WesleyS said:
Dayum!
That's a lot for something that tastes as bad as scotch. ;)

Heh. Funny guy!! I love scotch! Waitress brought me a vodka and tonic on the house. I don't understand it. Tastes like carbed water.

CliffMongoloid said:
Hb pale ale... Just picked up this freezer that my dad got for free! Lil small but a bucket squeezes in .... I'll have to make a collar....no more swamp cooler!! And damn frozen bottles!
That's a great find!
LoloMT7 said:
Long brew day brewed 12-13 gallons of stout in my keggle. Drank brown shugga Green flash IPA And now some Gose
Awesome!

tyzippers said:
Heh. Funny guy!! I love scotch! Waitress brought me a vodka and tonic on the house. I don't understand it. Tastes like carbed water.
I drink lots of scotch and cognacs, we know what expensive bottles cost but singles r outrageous

Back