How Pumbaa makes new friends . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK before we start onj our story I'm going to have to give you a little background information on myself . . .
  1. I'm 37 years old
  2. I have 1 - 14 year old step son (at his dads) and 1 - 5 year old son (lives with me)
  3. I live in Milwaukee WI
  4. I smoke
  5. I am very political, and politaclly I am a Barry Goldwater type Conservative. In my personal life I would probably be classified as more of a right wing. conservative, but that does not carry over to my politics.
  6. I drive a smalll pick up truck.
  7. In general I really dont like people, In general they do nothing but annoy me (present readers not included of course). If I DONT like you you would never know because I just ignore you in an effort not to remove you from existance . . . because you are annoying me.
  8. I guess you could say I am fairly religous although I dont attend church and dont read the bible. I was raised in a very religous fundimentalist christian house except I constantly question everything. I do not believe the earth has been here for billions and billions of years but at the same time I reject some christian perspectives that it's only been around for 5000 or so years.
  9. I believe in climate change, I dont believe in man made global warming. We are comming of an ice age that lasted 20000 years, according to some, that coverd the area I live in with a sheet of ice 1 mile thick . . . of course (and IMHO thankfully) we are getting warmer. If we werent the ice would still be on top of where my house now is.
  10. When I am not at work I pick up my son from school
  11. I'm a bit clastrophobic and ALWAYS have the windows in my truck/car down at least a half inch
  12. I LOATH foreign cars. I've had 2 and had nothing but bad experiances with them, plus I buy American (yeah yeah I know but dont annoy me right now)
With that being said I shall continue . . .

I go to pick up my son today from school. He gets out of school every day at 2:30. Since I absolutely HATE to be late for anything I am normally 30 minutes early and will just hang out in my turck listening to the radio while I wait for him. I'm minding my own business sittng in my truck having a smoke with the window down because even though I smoke I dont want my truck to smell like stale sig smoke and rotten arse. It's a bit cool out today (20f when I left the house) so I have the truck running with the heater on as I listen to Rush (other talk station sucks at 2:00 and Milwaukee FM radio sucks). This cute little chicky poo pulls up behind me in her early 90's Toyota and gets out of her car and begins to walk up the street . . . in the middle of the street and notices that I have my engine running and walks over towards my window. She's pretty cute,early to mid 20's, nice body (what you can tell atleast from under the heavy coat), nice face with green eyes and long dark brown hair, but has a bit of a hippie look about her. With a very puzzeled look on her face she begins to adress me . . .

Chicky poo: Excuse me sir?
Pumbaa: yeah?
Chicky poo: Did you know your engine is still running?
Pumbaa: um . . . yeah?
Chicky poo: Why? Dont you know how bad that is for the enviroment? Havent you heard of global warming?
Pumbaa: Hun . . . I live in Wisconsin. It's winter. It's cold out. I F***ing PRAY for global warming.

I dont think I have ever seen someone so unable to reply in my entire life.

You think if my SWMBO passes on Chicky poo would go out with me? I'm thinking something like a nice steak dinner, some beers, and a cigar . . .
:mug:

1. I'm 26 years old
2. I have no kids
3. I live in Revere, MA
4. I don't smoke
5. I am very political, and I would classify myself as a middle-left winger. I hold many Demoracratic ideals to heart but do not appreciate the outer fringes of the party.
6. I too drive a small pickup truck.
7. I generally like everybody.
8. I am not religious at all, although I grew up in a Catholic home. I, if fact, do not think religion is a terribly good thing (to me, of course) and I think it can do more harm than good.
9. I believe in "climate change" (as the GOP has cleverly labeled it) and I also believe in man made global warming. To me, both are simply facts.

HOWEVER, I agree totally with your response to the girl. I would have said the exact same thing. Maybe we are more similar than the bullet points would lead you to believe. :D

1) Tell her you were paid in carbon credits when you volunteered for the UN in Guatamala breaking up children's sweatshops.

2) Nail her.

I suppose you could have asked her if she would prefer to have the engine shut off and then hop into your truck and proceed to warm you up manually! Just a thought.:drunk:

Absolutely priceless!

[According to one climatologist I know, the real question on global warming & CO2 emissions is, will they prevent the next ice age from starting? She doesn't think so.]

And it slipped under the 'no politics/religion' policy of this forum too.....

Pumbaa said:
You think if my SWMBO passes on Chicky poo would go out with me? I'm thinking something like a nice steak dinner, some beers, and a cigar . . .
:mug:

I think she would even if you're still married. Sounds as though it would be pretty much a sure thing. Especially if you tell her what you do for a living. I don't want to wish anything bad at all on SWMBO, but heck, God forbid, if something did happen, I'd definitely keep Chicky Poo in mind. :)

It just accured to me that if in fact she is a hippe they perhpas the real reason she would shut down her engine is not soley due to the environment but also to the fact that she does not shave and can survive in temps down to the zeros with all of her lady hair.

My limited experience with hippie chicks was a bit on the "ick" side. While she may very well be willing, grooming habits are WAY too far down on their "to do" list for me to go there.

I have lots of wierd **** like that happen to me . . . I have another I recently posted in my old gaming boards flames section, I'll PM to Dude and let him decide if it is appropriate for this board. I'm pretty sleep deprived ATM so not thinking 100% straight

Yeah, unless they're smelly or gutterpunks...

FWIW, I LOVE hippie chicks :fro: (if you could believe it)

And go for low attenuation yeasts, so your gut bacteria have lots of malt to convert to methane. It's much worse than CO2.

[no hippie chicks here, just hippos in monster trucks]

Back