Fizzy Yellow Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
About a month ago, someone posted a good recipe for "Fizzy Yellow Beer". I can't find it now, but I brewed that recipe and wanted to thank whoever it was that posted it.

It had:

7 pounds Vienna malt
3 pounds Pilsner malt

.50 Perle (60)
.50 Tettnanger (45)
.50 Tettnanger (0)

and used Wyeast 1007 yeast.

I didn't have 1007, so I used S-05 at 62 degrees. It turned out really well! It's a great fizzy yellow beer! So, who posted that?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/maltier-hoppier-yellow-beer-105949/ maybe?

Uses Vienna and Pilsner malt, Perle and Tettnanger hops, but calls for WLP029 (granted, pretty similar to Wyeast 1007.)

Slightly different grain bill, and his recipe called for an additional Tettnanger addition at 20 minutes, but it looks pretty close.

Hmmm. Maybe. It's close, but not exactly the post I was thinking of.

Anyway, it turned out great, and it's lagering a little bit right now to serve for Memorial Day. I made it about a month ago, so it's young but definitely will be good for the Memorial Day non-craft brew drinkers.

About a month ago, someone posted a good recipe for "Fizzy Yellow Beer". I can't find it now, but I brewed that recipe and wanted to thank whoever it was that posted it.

It had:

7 pounds Vienna malt
3 pounds Pilsner malt

.50 Perle (60)
.50 Tettnanger (45)
.50 Tettnanger (0)

and used Wyeast 1007 yeast.

I didn't have 1007, so I used S-05 at 62 degrees. It turned out really well! It's a great fizzy yellow beer! So, who posted that?

This sounds great, I'll be trying this one. :mug:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/maltier-hoppier-yellow-beer-105949/ maybe?

Uses Vienna and Pilsner malt, Perle and Tettnanger hops, but calls for WLP029 (granted, pretty similar to Wyeast 1007.)

Slightly different grain bill, and his recipe called for an additional Tettnanger addition at 20 minutes, but it looks pretty close.

Bernie Posted a beer he called Fizzy Yellow Beer. But it wasn't that recipe.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/i-just-wanted-see-if-i-could-do-107109/

Well, for crying out loud! I know my memory sucks, but I could swear it was a thread called "Fizzy Yellow Beer" with that recipe. Maybe I dreamt it, and actually came up with the recipe on my own???? Nah, I don't dream about yellow beer. Now, an IIPA; well, yeah, I've had some dreams!

I know OhioBrewtis has brewed some "Fizzy Piss Water" Maybe that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure Kyle will man up to brewing it, but it's true.
Good luck, Yooper:mug:

I know OhioBrewtis has brewed some "Fizzy Piss Water" Maybe that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure Kyle will man up to brewing it, but it's true.
Good luck, Yooper:mug:

I don't think it's OB's recipe- I'd probably remember if it was. Well, maybe not- but I don't think it's OB's anyway.

Well, when I win the HBT competition in the blonde ale category with this beer, I guess I'll have to take all the credit, since no one will man up to the recipe!

There is no way you dreamed it and you are right that the alternative proposed as
the original is NOT it. I saw the exact same recipe about two weeks ago, and came
across YOUR thread searching for "fizzy yellow beer".

Please ignore my post, I am so sorry! The recipe I saw was yours! Oops, yoop!

Say,wasn't this the Coor's lite-ish recipe the guy brewed for his non craft drinking friends? I remember it taking quite some time to finish,but it seems to me it was a lager.

Back