So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing up 5 gal of California Common. Found a recipe with 10% Munich malt (mmmmmmm!) so that will be a first for me. Brewday is Sunday so I will start my yeast today.

It's been a month since the last batch I brewed (the longest I've gone since I started brewing two years ago). I finally had a chance this afternoon, so I made a couple gallons of a hoppy wheat

Currently mashing 3 gal of Imperial Rye Black IPA. My first attempt at a black IPA, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hops are Ahtanum, Citra, and Belma with a bit of Apollo for bittering

Just finishing up my brew day. 5.5 gallons of a session pale ale. Gonna dry hop with some citrusy hops and try to get a little grapefruit going on. I'll add either some grapefruity extract or some grapefruit skin after fermentation is complete. This is going to fill my first corny keg. Looking forward to pulling one from the tap! Should come in a about 4.5%, or maybe a little more depending on how fermentation goes. Using a starter I built from WLP090.

image.jpeg

I'm brewing for the first time in I don't remember how long. Going to make a lager with Pilsner malt and Calypso hops. Brushing up on my sanitation before I make a couple fresh up beers!!

Had a surprisingly good brewday given that initially my mash was at 158° instead of the 150-152° range I was desiring. Once that issue was handled it was smooth sailing.

This weekend it's pumpkin ale time. Finally settled on a recipe, tweaked it to where I want it for color, bitterness, and grain. I have never made a pumpkin beer before, but I have had some that are great. I just want something that I can enjoy throughout the fall season. 6 ish percent, 15-20ish IBUs, and pumpkin spice. Adding spices to the beer makes for a delicious aromatic experience during the boil. I am excited for sure!

Afterwards, it's Christmas ale time! I have v2.0 already queued up in brewtoad with the adjustments from last year's batch. Again another spiced beer experience, just cutting the ginger down. It was a little oppressive last year.

Thus begins stout and porter season as well. Fall and winter are definitely my favorite beer seasons!

I plan on doing an Oktoberfest/Marzen this weekend. 4 liter starter of WLP820 is going strong. This is going to be my second Lager, and after this, it's back to Ales for a while (my preferred beer).

Co3c today after a LONG hiatus can't wait to get out of work and light the burner

Hope it all works out

Not brewing this weekend as we have a bowling tournament on Saturday, but I'm going to bottle my Rum Vanilla Oatmeal Stout on Sunday. It's been sitting for 3 weeks now, 2 weeks with rum-soaked vanilla beans. A sniff the other day was ambrosial. Can't wait to get at this one.

Citra mosaic IPA this weekend. Rolling in some Chinook and Amarillo after flameout

Pearl and Golden Promise is now my go-to grist for IPA's. That and a little wheat.

Hop bursting and decent WP additions. about 13 oz in all

Citra mosaic IPA this weekend. Rolling in some Chinook and Amarillo after flameout

Pearl and Golden Promise is now my go-to grist for IPA's. That and a little wheat.

Hop bursting and decent WP additions. about 13 oz in all

Specific amounts? Always looking to improve my grain bill for IPAs.

Specific amounts? Always looking to improve my grain bill for IPAs.

I go for 7 and 7 for GP and Pearl, then 1.5 for wheat.

Works well for big WP asdditions

5.75 gal batch and puts its at about 6.5% at my efficiency

Anyone ever get someone into brewing and they can never brew their own batch without you there because you do most the work? Ya that's why I'm brewing this weekend, lol.

To make it worse he got the most basic beer recipe. A special on AHS for a $20 Texas Blonde

Anyone ever get someone into brewing and they can never brew their own batch without you there because you do most the work? Ya that's why I'm brewing this weekend, lol.

To make it worse he got the most basic beer recipe. A special on AHS for a $20 Texas Blonde

Does he have other beer waiting for you?

Will be brewing 3 gal of Citra/Mosaic/Simcoe/Chinook IPA on Sunday. Have made this recipe before, and it's one of my favorites.

I just dumped my yeast starter from some washed yeast I had saved. It smelled off and I'd rather pour a quart of starter than a 5 gallon batch. I'll wait for some fresh yeast.

My hip and lower back went out on me bad last Sunday so I've basically been flat on my back on my study floor for the past week. I'm medicated and cortinizated and re aligned finally. So...

I will be brewing my basic 3 herb Gruit and racking my Cream Ale to a secondary for flavoring this weekend if it hairlips everyone in the United States.

I've been so stir-crazy. :)

Well, I was trying to beat it to the shelves, but I saw that I missed it. I'm brewing an imperial pumpkin on Friday. I wanted it in the fermentor to get it ready and cellering so it gets some age on it before October.

Back