Faucet Leak At Shank Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroovePuppy

Reaction score
Anyone had a faucet drip from the collar where it mates to the shank? I've tried changing the sealing washers, gooping it up with o-ring lube, and tightening and loosening to different levels but I get a slow drip. This is the faucet.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=23

I have three and the others are fine. I can't see anything wrong inside the mating face of the faucet so I have no idea how the beer is getting out. I swapped faucets around and it's definitely the faucet and not the shank.

I searched the forums (as usual :D) but I couldn't find anything. I guess these things don't cause issues very often.

I've got the exact same problem with a guinness stout faucet I just bought off ebay. I was planning on changing out the gasket when I found one, but if it didn't help you I wonder if it would not help mine either. I'm interested to see responses to this thread.

I found it! I examined the tap under a magnifying glass and there's a crack on the inside from within the beer containing part, past the washer, and almost to the outside edge. It goes through the body and is visible along part of the outer thread. Crappy manufacture.

kicking this to the top as I had this same problem this past weekend when I finally hooked up my second tap and to my surprise, it leaked like hell. Had to replace everything in the tower on that line to the tap hose before it would go away.
:(

Back