What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having Hellos Vanilla Bourbon Porter. Very very tasty! Love the bourbon oakiness here just looking for a little more vanilla.
Thanks! Would you believe me if I told you I split 3 vanilla beans and soaked in that bourbon for over a week then added the same beans to secondary? I too wanted a bit more vanilla. I was surprised that 3 didn't cut it. I wonder if the bourbon has something to do with it but next time, I'll add 4 beans. Thank you fro the compliment. :) Lovely to see my beer being enjoyed.
BTW...going to be in the Philly area and over to the Lancaster and Hershey areas in the next week. Any local beers that don't get widely distributed that I should not miss?
OMG! I want Troegs and Tired Hands!

If you're in Hershey, check out Troegs. That's the one that jumps out on the seekabrew comparison (looks like NC gets Weyerbacher and Victory). Philly gets a lot of distribution from around the country. You'll pay for it, but there are some great bottle shops.

If you have time to explore a bit in Philly, I'd check out Tired Hands. I'll let the Philly guys chime in with any other recommendations.
Wait, this guy knows.

Matt, are you driving or flying? If driving, would you be willing to get some if I give you cash in advance?

Oh yeah, I'm drinking coffee. Clearly I'm drinking coffee like a spaz.

Water. Gym. Listening to some Roy Davis Jr.

Wish I had a beer with me.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395162439.217089.jpg
Earlier: the tiniest little glass of Pliny the Younger.

Then: Supplication

Later: Dirt wolf from a dry hopped firkin

Now: Sour in the Rye w lunchImageUploadedByHome Brew1395162697.469435.jpg

It's all good buddy...turn that frown into a celebratory smile. It's almost 4pm and you've made it through the day!

Enjoying a super delicious water myself after talking myself out of going to the gym.

Enjoying a super delicious water myself after talking myself out of going to the gym.

Fail.

I am going to take gravity samples of two beers this evening. I can't stop drinking. :D

OMG! I want Troegs and Tired Hands!

Wait, this guy knows.

Matt, are you driving or flying? If driving, would you be willing to get some if I give you cash in advance?

Oh yeah, I'm drinking coffee. Clearly I'm drinking coffee like a spaz.[/QUOTE]

Doing some late afternoon coffee...been snoozy today for some reason! I will be driving to DC, picking up SWMBO, after a day in DC, heading to Philly. Probably back next Wednesday. I don't mind picking up some stuff...should be room in the car. I'm not personally going to go crazy, but pick up a couple six packs...maybe mixed, if they allow. Maybe a trinket or glass. Troeg was definitely on my list...very close to the Hershey factory according to the map. The less I have to go out of the way, the better. SWMBO always accuses me of hijacking our vacations for food-stuff...and I WILL be getting a cheesesteak and hitting Reading Terminal Market. But I have to cater to the kids...Sturgis Pretzel Factory! Anyway...gotta look at Tired Hands and see if it would be "en route" for what we are doing. Shoot me a PM with what you're thinking and we'll make a plan!...need more coffee.

Onto Vermont newest beer in a 16oz can. It's called Hodad, a chocolate vanilla toasted coconut flake porter. Holy crap this is very drinkable and can session it at 5.5% ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395176151.086179.jpg

Sample of my Nut Brown and Dave37's Robust Porter.

We nailed both. These are ****ing awesome for the style.

I also mixed both into two cups. 1/3rd NB and 2/3rd Robust Porter. Second cup had 2/3rd NB and 1/3rd RP. Kind of like the first option.

Here's my NB.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395178122.812454.jpg

First I've had from Atwater. Solid brew. I like it.
View attachment 186781

That's a tasty one!

Im having Bitter Roots Blown Out Brown. Ive been a fan of everything Ive had from them and this is no different. Very good brown ale. Malty, nutty and a good balancing hop finish. Really great Montana brewery, thanks Clint!!
I also just caught wind that next week during KBS week, there is a little steakhouse down the road from my house that will be tapping a couple KBS kegs!!!!! Needless to say I will be there.

Attachments

• 1395179482901.jpg
    1395179482901.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 81
Stress city.
Water right now.

Is the Big Mouth Bubbler worth my $73? That's the cost for the extra gaskets, hauler, blow off and whatever. It's a lot to spend but I love the idea of dry hopping and such in one. Reviews on amazon are doomsday to say the least in terms of people nearly losing limbs. Northern Brewer reviews are much more favorable excluding the complaints of the lids.

Stress city.
Water right now.

Is the Big Mouth Bubbler worth my $73? That's the cost for the extra gaskets, hauler, blow off and whatever. It's a lot to spend but I love the idea of dry hopping and such in one. Reviews on amazon are doomsday to say the least in terms of people nearly losing limbs. Northern Brewer reviews are much more favorable excluding the complaints of the lids.

I love mine. I wish I had another one. I heard that a normal 1" IN tube fits as a blow off though. I am getting one on the way home today and will report back. I assume its cheaper at HD then NB

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395180104.353305.jpg

Time to try my hand at building a stir plate. Also my pumpkin ale, it's getting better!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Doing some late afternoon coffee...been snoozy today for some reason! I will be driving to DC, picking up SWMBO, after a day in DC, heading to Philly. Probably back next Wednesday. I don't mind picking up some stuff...should be room in the car. I'm not personally going to go crazy, but pick up a couple six packs...maybe mixed, if they allow. Maybe a trinket or glass. Troeg was definitely on my list...very close to the Hershey factory according to the map. The less I have to go out of the way, the better. SWMBO always accuses me of hijacking our vacations for food-stuff...and I WILL be getting a cheesesteak and hitting Reading Terminal Market. But I have to cater to the kids...Sturgis Pretzel Factory! Anyway...gotta look at Tired Hands and see if it would be "en route" for what we are doing. Shoot me a PM with what you're thinking and we'll make a plan!...need more coffee.

For your TH planning, they open at noon on Sat. & Sun. and four during the week. The Lebanon bologna grilled cheese is worth the trip alone.

Other options:
Victory in Downingtown - good brewpub and they usually have something interesting on tap. Short diversion off PA turnpike.
Stoudts in Ephrata - brewpub specializes in steak and they also usually have something on tap you can get anywhere else.
Springhouse in Lancaster. Haven't been but beer is good and heard it is worth the trip. Bigger detour from turnpike, but there are two outlet centers in town if you want to use that for leverage. ;)

Either way, have a great vacation and be sure to pick up some Tastycakes too!

For your TH planning, they open at noon on Sat. & Sun. and four during the week. The Lebanon bologna grilled cheese is worth the trip alone.

Other options:
Victory in Downingtown - good brewpub and they usually have something interesting on tap. Short diversion off PA turnpike.
Stoudts in Ephrata - brewpub specializes in steak and they also usually have something on tap you can get anywhere else.
Springhouse in Lancaster. Haven't been but beer is good and heard it is worth the trip. Bigger detour from turnpike, but there are two outlet centers in town if you want to use that for leverage. ;)

Either way, have a great vacation and be sure to pick up some Tastycakes too!

This makes me wanna fry up some Bologna

Its pretty good. I have had it on tap too, slightly better. But either way, quite a good BIPA. Worth the price tag? Yes and no. I am glad to have some, and be able to trade for the other two breweries release. Would I buy on a regular basis if it was available for that? No, probably not. Still a great beer though.

I'll probably pick some up next time around just to try it. thanks for the feed back!

having some of my 2nd latest batch of kombucha. I had to back sweeten with sweet tea because I let it go too long. it's almost like drinking straight vinegar. and I do know what that's like...

Bought too much damn beer this weekend. I'm going to muscle through these before buying any more.

Having the nectar

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

I'll take a Blakkr off your hands if you have too much beer. ;)

Back