The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't this be in the Cooking and Pairing forum? Or is this the Totally Obnoxious Taco Thread Mostly an Extension of the Taproom into the Area Known as Genpop / Normal People?

It's not the Totally Obnoxious Taco thread, it's the Great Taco thread.

PKU.

Shouldn't this be in the Cooking and Pairing forum? Or is this the Totally Obnoxious Taco Thread Mostly an Extension of the Taproom into the Area Known as Genpop / Normal People?

Y U hate tacos?

I was going to put it in the food section but suspected it would get too far off topic at times. I figured if it was here, then it could run its course without getting locked or having to be moved here later.

I believe a taco thread has its own merit. Since it's my thread, I'll do my part to keep these hooligans in line.

No worries, passed. Tacos are on me.

I'll buy the first round.

FTR, I ONLY use corn tortillas. Flour hold together much better, but there's no flavor there.

If you have any leftover pork, especially if you cook a lean pork loin that is dry and not good for leftovers, cube it and make pork adovada tacos. Man I ate these for days. I suggest putting the pork adovada on tortilla, then topped with queso fresco (or cheddar), sour cream, fresh cilantro, lime juice.

Carne Adovada (New Mexico-Style Pork With Red Chilies)

FTR, I ONLY use corn tortillas. Flour hold together much better, but there's no flavor there.

If you have any leftover pork, especially if you cook a lean pork loin that is dry and not good for leftovers, cube it and make pork adovada tacos. Man I ate these for days. I suggest putting the pork adovada on tortilla, then topped with queso fresco (or cheddar), sour cream, fresh cilantro, lime juice.

Sour cream has no place on a taco.
Chef doesn't look very thrilled about his taco. Why the long face, guy?

Feel free.

I had carne adovada at balloon fiesta in ABQ and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Every recipe since was a pale comparison.

Best tacos I ever had were a random food truck near Omak, Washington. Not a place I was expecting to find anything good, let alone awesome street tacos.

Haha!

I had carne adovada at balloon fiesta in ABQ and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Every recipe since was a pale comparison.

Best tacos I ever had were a random food truck near Omak, Washington. Not a place I was expecting to find anything good, let alone awesome street tacos.

Tacos are a mysterious mistress.

How did I never see this thread? I made three pounds of carnitas last Sunday and still have a little left. It's great stuff, a much different product than the ground beef & spices tacos that most people know. I heartily endorse anyone looking up a recipe.

I think tacos should be fairly distributed among the wealthy and the less fortunate.

Everyone deserves tacos, not just the 1%.

#occupytacobell

I thought I had leftover taco meat for lunch, looked in the fridge, nothing. Lame. :taco:

Why? They don't have any real tacos.

:taco: Let the Tacofication of HBT commence!

Oh, very nice. An' how'd you reckon that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' taco differences in our society!

Also, speaking of :taco: ... Qdoba is just the worst, isn't it?

Oh, very nice. An' how'd you reckon that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' taco differences in our society!

Next thing you know, you are going to be spouting off about some moistened bink handing out swords and kingdoms!

ehh... we have a couple of local joints that are actually worse.

The best Latin style food around here is Salvadorean.

Qdoba is turrble.

Working in Ft. Worth's largely brown north side has tremendous culinary benefits. Off the top of my head I can count ten taquerias within ten minutes of my current location. The hard part is picking one. There's a truck that parks at a bodega around the corner that has great carnitas. There's the run down barn looking place that has carne asada that kills. There's the truck a little bit down the road that has so so meats but the chili verde is great so it's always a hit. Then there's the eight or nine abuelas that all work here and feed me on the regular. I eat two lunches a day some days.

No tortillas, but I still have tortilla chips. Carnitas nachos will be happening later.

:D :taco: :D

*broken tacos

I'm surprised you didn't know that calling nachos "broken tacos" is a highly offensive display of bigotry.

They prefer the term "consciously rearranged taco parts."

They are still tacos, but self-identify as 'nachos.'

Back