bottle my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete3

Reaction score
I tried to bottle my brew with the bottle filler but i had some troubles. I put the brew higher than the bottles and sucked some of the brew closer, i put the bottle filler and nothing. So I just used the hose instead of the bottle filler, I racked 7 bottles and put the rest in another bucket for another week. Can someone explane the procedure on using the bottle filler. I made a huge mess and I didnt bottle very quietley liked i hoped. Thanks for your time.

Do you have a bottling bucket, the one with a spigot at the bottom? If not, get one, they save a lot of work. If so, you should be able to rack into that bucket attach the tube and filler, open the spigot, push the bottle filler into the bottom of the bottle, all the air will flow out and beer will flow in, pull it up when the beer gets to the top. If you don't have a spigot, you have to start a siphon, don't use your mouth, use a turkey baster or an autosphon.

Hops this helped.

I do have a spigot and tired to put the hose on it but the hose was to small for the darn spigot. I guess i need to get a bigger hose. Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean in diameter? If it is close, you can heat it up in boiling water then work it on. Getting it off is another story.

In addition to getting the hose hot to fit, put your primary bucket on the counter with the lid on it and place the bottling bucket on top of it.

This way you can ue the counter to bottle on while standing up. ;)

you can't really leave the lid on the bucket with an airlock in it, or you create a vaccuum and the beer doesn't wanna flow out the hose.

Back