• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SELLING - 15G Blichmann MT with false bottom - asking $390

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
SOLD 2/16/2012

The MT is less than one year old and we are looking to upgrade to a larger size. The thermometer is spot on and it gets great efficiency (we are replacing with a larger blichmann). Once you go blichmann you will never want another MT.

This size is perfect for 5 and 10G batches. I brew a lot of higher gravity beers and have put in huge 10G batches (40+lbs grist bill) with no issues. When we mash with it we typically lose about 1 degree over 60 minutes and we only toss a towel on around it.

In Syracuse NY area (we can arrange a meet up to swap or you pay shipping). PM me for more details.

Asking $390, but feel free to make an offer.

SOLD 2/16/2012

we plan on doing either 30G or 20G (probably 30). I always brew with a buddy so we never do less than 11G batches now.

I almost don't want my buddy to sell it because that MT is perfect for big grain bills for 99% of AG batches for 11G size (obviously perfect for the 5g batches too).

Only once did I have trouble fitting the grain and grist into the tun on an 11G batch (but the grain bill was almost 50lbs). It was a huge HUGE RIS with a 48lbgrain bill (I might brew 1 of those a year). It still fit, but it was to the rim. For any batch under 42-45lbs you have plenty of room to stir without spilling. As a reference most 11G batches for IPAs or strongs like Denny's rye smile or arrogant bastard, etc. are in the 35 is lbs range. i.e. unless you are doing a ridiculous 1.100 SG batch it won't be an issue.

Will do my best to get some actual pictures up soon as several people had PMed me for some. The pot is pretty much a "like new" condition, but I understand that people will want to see the actual.

Here a a couple quick shots - I am not a photographer so if you want a specific shot let me know.

I will even wipe the outside down for the buyer to make it shiny. This pot hasn't been dropped and there are no scratches on it. After I hosed this down from out last brew I never toweled off the outside.

You can see we have kept up with cleaning the false bottom - nice and shiny!

Let me know what other shots you are looking for and I can get them (the white stuff wrapped around the ball valve handle is just there to keep the sliding lock up and will be removed when I sell it). The fitting on the end of the ball valve is for triclamps and will be removed as well.

If you can't see the pics let me know and I can email them

Inside.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

Back