Maple Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
I have an Oatmeal Brown based off of Lil' Sparky's Brown recipe just about finished right now. This is my second time brewing it. I was thinking of adding Maple Extract at bottling time. I was thinking that I wanted the flavor, which is why I'm choosing extract at bottling time vs. adding maple (crazy fermentable sugars) to the brew kettle or fermenter. Has anyone here ever had a maple brown before? I can't find any where near where I live, so I thought I'd make one. Thoughts?

I'd add the extract to a sample of the beer before adding it to the batch. Figure out if you like the flavor and how much you want to add. Those artificial flavors are often more singular/focused than the real deal, easier to overpower the other flavors of the beer. Never brewed one myself, but certainly sounds good.

I just tried Tommyknocker's Maple Nut Brown and WOW. It's what I'm hoping my turns out to be.

Just bought a sixer of that tonight. I've had it multiple times and love it each time. Some people say its too sweet or it's different every time. I've had a consistent batch every time. Good luck with it. Would love to hear how it comes out.

Pecan syrup might be good too.

I really like tommy knocker's brewpub. The buffalo burger is great. Their black IPA is tasty too.

Back