Original beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrisby

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible, but I believe I brewed a beer that has yet to be done on this forum! I call it.....TropicALE! Man i'm clever. It is a coconut mango ale.

5.3 lb Amber LME, 1 lb Amber DME

1 LB 2-Row, 1/2 lb Honey Wheat, 1/2 lb Crystal 20, 8 oz. Light Wheat

In Secondary - 750ml Coconut Rum, 3lbs mango, 1/2 lb shaved coconut

1 oz. Citra (60 min) 13.2AA, 1/2 oz. Cascade 7.9AA (30 min), 1/2 oz Cascade (2 min)

1 pack Nottingham

5/8 cup corn sugar

I toasted the coconut for 350 for 30 minutes and dumped it into a grain bag before putting in secondary.

Was worried at bottling/kegging because it was very sweet. Drinking it 10 days later and boy did it mellow. Not too sweet at all and it has some serious aroma. The toasted coconut and rum buries any aroma hops, but that is ok with me. This will be a great poolside brew.:mug:

That does sound tasty. I don't know if I would want 5 gallons of it, but I would like to try one. I am right in the middle of brewing an all grain batch now, otherwise I would invite myself over to try one. Right now I am about as toasty as your coconut. Do you deliver to Lilburn?

At four o:clock yesterday all I could smell was boiling wort and sorachi hops. I am in south Lilburn near 78. How about you?

I have used them once before, but I don't remember them. I remember that I liked them. I added two ounces of sorachi yesterday while doing a 90 minute boil. One ounce was added as a first wort hop, then I brought it to a boil for thirty minutes and then added the other ounce for 60. I finished with an ounce of saaz split at 15 & 5.

Do you buy your ingredients locally?

I grew up in Stone Mountain and used to spend EVERYDAY playing basketball at Lilburn City Park. Cheers!

:mug:Next time you visit your old neighborhood, stop by for a cold one:mug:

Back