What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you keywestbrewing for this one!!

ForumRunner_20130225_184923.png

My Hoodsie Bock, first beer I bottled from my keg using the BierMuncher Approach. Perfectly kept carbonation, no oxidation even with more headspace than I wanted.

image-1435636690.jpg

Is it that hard to move the glass away from the faucet at the end of the pour? You know you're a beer snob when you complain about getting too much beer in your glass, but it drives me crazy.

Can't wait to try Pacifica - NZ Hallertau, right? I brewed my first beer with Motueka and the hop is exactly what you'd expect for a NZ super Saaz.

Motueka is awesome. One of my favorite hops. I dry hopped my NHC DIPA with 2 oz of it along with 2 oz of Nelson.

TNGabe said:
Is it that hard to move the glass away from the faucet at the end of the pour? You know you're a beer snob when you complain about getting too much beer in your glass, but it drives me crazy.

Can't wait to try Pacifica - NZ Hallertau, right? I brewed my first beer with Motueka and the hop is exactly what you'd expect for a NZ super Saaz.

I have a great local watering hole, but the poor girls there don't know how to pour a pint to save their lives and I think their setup needs a little work as well. Standard operating procedure for them is keeping a spoon near the bar, and as they are pouring they are spooning foam off of the beer. It takes about 5 minutes to get a beer, but they have 14 taps!

Thank you keywestbrewing for this one!!

Is that your first 90 min?!?!?! It's a classic.

Motueka is awesome. One of my favorite hops. I dry hopped my NHC DIPA with 2 oz of it along with 2 oz of Nelson.

I'm a Nelson junky and I bet that combo is great. Better be online at 3 sharp if you want to enter. Direct links for each region to avoid the ticketing snafu.

I have a great local watering hole, but the poor girls there don't know how to pour a pint to save their lives and I think their setup needs a little work as well. Standard operating procedure for them is keeping a spoon near the bar, and as they are pouring they are spooning foam off of the beer. It takes about 5 minutes to get a beer, but they have 14 taps!

All served in frosty mugs?

My Imperial Red

You're late. Where ya been?

My American Lager. It was coming out a bit foamy today, I think because it got warmer outside where I keep the keg. I'll have to start putting ice bottles in the cooler to keep it colder as it gets warm out.

I'm guessing the bartender they hired is used to pouring BMC for those chuckleheads who get all pissy when there's head.

I'm a Nelson junky and I bet that combo is great. Better be online at 3 sharp if you want to enter. Direct links for each region to avoid the ticketing snafu.

Oh I plan on being online at 2:50 ready to go. I've got seven beers to register so it's going to take a bit to get them all in and paid for.

Just tapped the keg of an experimental Pale ale... I call it, "Magnum PA". Magnum hops were the bittering and I used Chinook for the late additions and dry hop. Its not bad, but it would be better with Cascade rather than Chinook. Also, I think I underpitched my recycled yeast cuz its really sweet and my FG was something like 1.024... should've been 1.016 I think. Oh well, will brew it again this weekend with a fresh smack pack and switch to Cascades and see what that tastes like. It was an experiment afterall :mug:

Homebrewed wheat ale, turned out decent. Less malt and more bitterness than I hoped, but all in all it looks and tastes like a wheat ale. I think the next one I'll drink with a slice of lemon or orange, the way I like Bell's Oberon.

Back