Best IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miafunk2003

Reaction score
I was interested in brewing a clone IPA....whick is the best IPA in your opinion?

I went to the GABF last year and tried A LOT of great beers. The most memorable IPA for me was from AleSmith.

That I can get is Bridgeport, though Samuel Smith is neck and neck. It just cost's more.

Also, Beers Captured has a recipe for Bridgeport.

I am a big Bridgeport IPA guy. The Bridgeport clone in Beer Captured tastes more like what you get at the Bridgeport Ale House in Portland than what you get out of the bottles.

In terms of an IPA, a great one available here in Washington is Dick's Brewing Company IPA. It is incredibly hoppy, great body. Quite frankly, darn near perfect.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
That I can get is Bridgeport, though Samuel Smith is neck and neck. It just cost's more.

Also, Beers Captured has a recipe for Bridgeport.

Yessir, Im a big Bridgeport IPA fan. Great beer IMO.

Harpoon is my fav right now. My past favs have been Lagunitas IPA, Hop Ottin, White Hawk, and Bridgeport.

Theyre all good...

Andre Agassi said:
Harpoon is my fav right now. My past favs have been Lagunitas IPA, Hop Ottin, White Hawk, and Bridgeport.

Theyre all good...

Lagunitas! That thing is a serious tounge wrecker. I also enjoy the Mongoose IPA by Hales. I guess I really can't think of an IPA I don't like.

We had a microbrewfest in Kennett Square last weekend and I tried several IPAs there. Stoudts has a double IPA that seems to have much promise. A Brewery from Colorado called "Boulder Beer company" had a tasty IPA on hand, as well as a hopped-to-the-heavens brew called 'Hazed and Infused'.

But Yards IPA out of Philadelphia is still my favorite.

Back