Balls vs. Pins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igorstien

Reaction score
This really isn't a poll, just a discussion.

Does anyone feel like either ball or pin connectinons are going to dissappear. Just wondering how the market is, or are both types still safe to go with?

Also, is it possible to change one to the other by bolting on a new connection to the corny? They come off, so should new ones go on?

You've gottta think there are millions of those dudes out there, they were used for so long. And the vast majority of home brewers prefer balls because of their ease of use. What I wonder is if there are going to be a lot of homeless pin lock kegs just sitting in warehouses all over the country looking for some good lovin' ;)

PS: from what I understand, they're not interchangeable.

Since many soda companies are using bags now for their products, I would say that it would be wise to buy up as many kegs as you can. Ball or Pin, either style. The Home Brew industry has plenty of supplies for both. I dont really think we will ever run out of kegs, but Im not wanting to wait until they are $150 and up used!

Well........I'm gonna be ignorant for a minute and pretend I don't know anything.......
Anyway, is it possible to change a pin lock Plug to a ball lock plug. I only have the pin lock so I haven't measured the size of the screw on. I'm I just crazy, I have no problem with the pin lock, since I'm still cleaning it, and presently it's in pieces. But I'm asking more for conversation sake.

Thanks,

I know they make pin to ball conversion, I just cant remember who sells them.

Back