Guinness Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have a draft system able to infuse nitrogen, that is why Guiness is so creamy, If not just get a True brew Irish Stout kit, I brewed it , tasted really good. Half the hops if you want it to taste more like Guiness.

I do have a draft system. Do you know the procedure to infuse the nitrogen. Is there a ratio of nitrogen/co2?

thanks

QCBREWER said:
I do have a draft system. Do you know the procedure to infuse the nitrogen. Is there a ratio of nitrogen/co2?

thanks

you need a stout faucet, and a tank of beer gas (its already the right CO2/nitrogen mixture)

malkore said:
you need a stout faucet, and a tank of beer gas (its already the right CO2/nitrogen mixture)

It's 75% nitrogen 25% CO2 just in case. Also you should call around to see if you can find someone to fill a tank. Some places put it in CO2 tanks with CGA 320 threads and some people put it in nitrogen/high pressure tanks with 580 threads.

Here is one my local Brew shop set us up with. I have had two bottles o fit so far. Bottled it two weeks ago and it is simply great.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BeerSmith Recipe Printout - www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Kim's Stout
Brewer: Chip
Asst Brewer:
Style: Foreign Extra Stout
TYPE: Partial Mash
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 5.72 gal
Estimated OG: 1.015 SG
Estimated Color: 21.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 48.0 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
1.00 lb Amber Liquid Extract (12.5 SRM) Extract 36.36 %
0.75 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 27.27 %
0.25 lb Acid Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 9.09 %
0.25 lb Acidulated Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 9.09 %
0.25 lb Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 9.09 %
0.25 lb Crystal Malt 55l (3.0 SRM) Grain 9.09 %
2.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 48.0 IBU
1.00 tsp Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 20.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Dry English Ale (White Labs #WLP007) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: My Mash
Total Grain Weight: 1.75 lb
----------------------------
ERROR - All Grain/Partial Mash recipe contains no mash steps

Notes:
------
Add the Gypsum to the cold water when starting the boil. This softenes the water and prepares it for the grains.

Pulled off primary at 4 days with a gravity of 1.014. Taste was sweet - perhaps longer primary was warrented

Back