Would this work as a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prem2er

Reaction score
http://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/refrigerator-full-throttle_5251113.jpg

If I wasn't concerned about a tap handle mount and wanted to just keep either a corny or 1/6 barrel in there with co2 would this work?

Unfortunately I don't know the inside dimensions but it's about 4 feet tall. What would the dimensions need to be to accommodate this and a 5# co2 tank ?

I'm also interested to hear if anyone else has seen this type of set up before and how well it worked.

Thanks.

I've seen a few of these on our local craigslist. So far I haven't seen anyone use them for keg serving, but that isn't to say it hasn't been done. The problem with some (most? all?) of these is that the have an internal metal framework that contains the cooling coils. That would get in the way of placing larger items like a keg in it. If you can get a photo of the inside of it as well as the dimensions, you should be able to tell if it'd work for you.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if instead of changing the fan placement if I could modify one of the cages and turn it upside down so that the keg would sit a few inches off of the fan. Thoughts?

Turns out the trade fell through. Now it's back to looking at chest freezers. :)

Back