Why no carbonation in some of the bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icantbejon

Reaction score
So I went through the bottling process and as far as I know everything went fine. I had a good 6pk and life was good. Two beers from the second 6pk I'm drinking seem to have no carbonation in the bottle whatsoever. How can that be? What would cause the discrepancy between them?

Go to this sticky to find Revvy's VERY INFORMATIVE bottling thread. Post #8 will give you the info on why some beer bottles carbonate differently.

Each bottle is it's own environment. How long has it been since you have bottled the beer? I find that if I have uneven carbonation between bottles it is because I have been drinking bottles close to the 3 week mark after bottling. When I leave them a little longer, the carbonation evens out between different bottles.

I have had this very same issue with 2 batches. My most recent batch, a dead guy ale clone, didn't carbonate at all...which I have blamed on infection (even though I really have no idea whatsoever).

Interested to learn what others have found...

I had this problem when I just poured in the priming sugar rather than stirring it up into the wort.

Me too.

Give it a gentle stir and all will be well in future batches. :mug:

On the batches that you have that are inconsistent...be careful. Some will be overcarbed just like others are undercarbed.

Go to this sticky to find Revvy's VERY INFORMATIVE bottling thread. Post #8 will give you the info on why some beer bottles carbonate differently.

Each bottle is it's own environment. How long has it been since you have bottled the beer? I find that if I have uneven carbonation between bottles it is because I have been drinking bottles close to the 3 week mark after bottling. When I leave them a little longer, the carbonation evens out between different bottles.

Thanks for the recommended reading...#8 definitely gave me some direction. I think I left the beer in a bad spot for the bottling, and it didn't stay near the 70 degrees it needed. I'm moving it today and gonna give it another week or so before I crack another one.

Latest posts

Back