Hopslam clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
757-img-0117.jpg

758-img-0119.jpg

756-img-0116.jpg

The clarity is looking pretty good based upon that flash light test. Im hoping it is crystal clear, but i forgot to use irish moss in my boil... whoops. But dry hop is successful. Gonna have to be really careful siphoning so I dont suck any hop particles up and end up bottling it.

I also still need a gravity test for FG. Will take one after I get most of it bottled.

Hey guys, just finished bottling and everything went to plan. Had around 5 gallons after dry hopping and added around 4.8 oz of corn sugar for priming. It smelled heavenly, and the taste was a spicy peppery that i did not expect, but IM am looking forward to seeing how it a lll develops!

Took a final gravity reading, 1.009~

I was amazed by this, didn't think i would get those kinds of results, and for this being my first ag and third batch ever, i would say everything went better than I could have planned. I'll be waiting for those two weeks to pass with the hope that i get liquid gold from every bottle. I'll keep everyone informed, and i know people had the thought of trading, just tell me and we can work something out, I'll keep you updated on taste.

Thanks for all the support!

Two weeks post bottling, I found my bottles to be weakly carbonated and a little sweet, I assumed this to be due to my yeast being dead. I re-pitch into the bottles which gave off a crazy foaming reaction. They are sealed and ready to go. I assume they will be ready to drink by this or next weekend.

I also brewed a belgian wit while I waited : )

I should be a good couple of weeks for me.

Its not so much dead as I would think stressed, the high gravity coupled with the high hopping rate has an effect on the yeast from everything I've read, I had the same issues with carbonation, now that I've recently started kegging it should get better ... give it some more time ...

Latest posts

Back